We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 2 demo Available on Marketplace NOW !!!!!!

Eudemon

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad i dont have O.T. lately. i get outa work @ 3:30pm EST. So by the time i get home, im goin to be playing all afternoon&night long (just have to set my DVR to record Smallville) i powered up my 360 this morning a lil after 6am, and it was there, started the download, enabled the 'background downloads', powered down the unit, and went to work. im glad it'll be there when i get home (and the fact that today isnt usually a day i dont go to the gym)

Track. Mugello as has already been listed here.

Course is a bit short, with few variations in turns. Nicely done with a bit of elevation difference and a nice long straight. Could have hoped for something else, since the faster cars get around it in 45ish seconds.

Car selection. Three classes.

C A and R2. Eight cars in both.

C:

2005 Ford Mustang GT

2003 Dodge SRT4

2002 Honda Integra Type-R

2004 Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed

2006 Lexus IS350

2005 Subaru Legacy B4 2.0 GT

2003 Nissan Fairlady Z

1997 BMW Motorsport M3 E36 (YAY ME!)

A:

2005 Lamborghini Gallardo

2007 Porsche 911 Turbo (997)

2004 Ferrari F430

2005 TVR Sagaris

2003 Dodge Viper SRT10

2005 Mercedes SLR

2005 Ford GT

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

R2:

2005 Maserati #35 Risi Competizione MC12

1997 McLaren #43 BMW Motorsport McLaren F1 GTR

2005 Ferrari #11 Larbre Competition 550 Maranello GTS

2003 Pagani #17 Carsport America Zonda GR

1998 Porsche #26 Porsche AG 911 GTI-98

2003 Saleen #2 Konrad Motorsports S7R

1998 Nissan #32 NISSAN R390 GTI

2006 Chevrolet #4 Corvette Racing C6.R

Graphics are very well done. Still no inside car view, but more options on where you want rather than fake interior, bumper or chase. Nice sensation of speeds.

It's a teaser demo by miles. Luckily the level of competition is higher than I had feared. It takes more than a monkey throwing feces to get past the finish line in first position.

I'm optimistic for the finished game, but the demo could have used either some sort of customization bit or even a split-screen two player mode for longevity. But hey. Less than a month and we'll all meet up XBL.

Damage is only cosmetical. No changes in feel or performance no matter how dinged up the car gets.

AI cars are somewhat intelligent. They will try to avoid a collision, but they will also fight for the line in tight corners.

I find it very easy to overtake the AI cars in corners. Just take them on the inside and brake hard.

I must say, I'm impressed with this demo. God that F430 sounds hot. The McLaren F1 sounds like a Formula 1 car too. This demo has put all my fears to rest and I will most likely be getting this game! The damage adds another dimension to the game too. I love driving the wrong way up the straight and ramming a car right at the end. Bumpers, wing mirrors, spoilers flying everywhere. Mmmmm. I love how the brakes glow red too. About time a next gen racer put this in!

must admit, i have some issues regarding this demo (and NOT the final game, that looks good)

AI too easy (hopefully dumbed down for the demo, example, a Lexus can outaccelerate an M3 driven by AI ????)

Track too short (Sebring would have been a better choice)

other than that, good demo, and the best thing is to just crash into AI head on, or park on the apex of a corner and laugh at the ensueing traffic jam(literally))

oh, and my HDD is full of music lol

must admit, i have some issues regarding this demo (and NOT the final game, that looks good)

AI too easy (hopefully dumbed down for the demo, example, a Lexus can outaccelerate an M3 driven by AI ????)

Track too short (Sebring would have been a better choice)

other than that, good demo, and the best thing is to just crash into AI head on, or park on the apex of a corner and laugh at the ensueing traffic jam(literally))

oh, and my HDD is full of music lol

Probably easy just because it's the demo. I mean, they gave us a hell of a lot of cars for a demo, they can't give us much more. It would be almost like a full game!!

T10 should release a new demo or an update or sumin to let me put the AI skill up to full, these AI peeps are clever (avoiding accidents (sometimes) and going wide to avoid collision when you are passing them (again, sometimes)), but they arent challenging at all, not for me anyway.

nice shiny demo T10, but lacking in playability

ppl been sayin it takes ages to DL, once i cleared space for it i set it to DL and went for some toast, 2 minutes (if that) later i went to sit at my box to set some music going and it said DL finished, play now, too right :p

feel sorry for the guys waiting hours for it

the best demo i have ever had is Saints Row without a doubt, mainly cos it served its purpose, it made me wnat to play more of it lol, thus makin me buy the game

TDU demo and FM2 demo are pointless for me, i am gonna buy it anyway (same with TDU last year), the demo was just to keep me sane :p

Well quoting Scott Mills ... "My flat is now full of wee"

Take Note Atari !!!!!

The sound of the Gallardo is perfect ... especially with the Dolby Digital running through my home cinema kit .... Yay!

Oh and what happened to the "McLaren" in "SLR" or the fact that they're built in the UK by McLaren