We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Good luck yr 11.

Who

Thanks for the good luck, lwsbrck(catherham guy lol)! i thought most of the people here were in their late 20's, nice to know theres some of my kind....good luck to you too!

its gonna be a lousy, social-life-less, TDU-less month or so.....

Thanks for the good luck, lwsbrck(catherham guy lol)! i thought most of the people here were in their late 20's, nice to know theres some of my kind....good luck to you too!

its gonna be a lousy, social-life-less, TDU-less month or so.....

you'd be surprised how old some of us are....

*slips back into shadows*

haha

R.E. exam was monday. alot of it was pure common sence. the rest of it was nonsencical BS :p

this morning i had english lit (furious. entered for foundation level when told, and at ability of, higher)

and this afternoon i had the easiest ICT exam i have ever come across, (finished, checked and rechecked in 45 minuites, half the allocated time.) i knew the answers very well. i reckon its 'A' grade TBH, considering i allready have a 'C' due to CW im feeling pretty good.

now i have a 2 week break before my next one (no more exams for me this week, then half term)

haha

R.E. exam was monday. alot of it was pure common sence. the rest of it was nonsencical BS :p

this morning i had english lit (furious. entered for foundation level when told, and at ability of, higher)

and this afternoon i had the easiest ICT exam i have ever come across, (finished, checked and rechecked in 45 minuites, half the allocated time.) i knew the answers very well. i reckon its 'A' grade TBH, considering i allready have a 'C' due to CW im feeling pretty good.

now i have a 2 week break before my next one (no more exams for me this week, then half term)

huh, you'd be surprised as to what theyve renamed it to- RSI (religous and social issues...lame....) i dont do ICT- ive got Bizz on fri-ive also got a 2week break from now, cept from fri, of course...may i ask what book you did? (of mice and men? to kill a mockingbird? etc.) i hate eng and eng lit!

may i ask what book you did? (of mice and men? to kill a mockingbird? etc.) i hate eng and eng lit!

An inspector calls and of mice and men.

ive decided to take things very seriously. me and my second best freind have agreed to stop talking to each other until the end of the 4 weeks. basically i distract her from her revision and she distracts me. the thing is. we love each other very much, but we dont act on it because we dont want to loose each other as mates, i saw her today and we sort of acted all lovey dovey (i rested my head on her chest and watched tele with her etc. without lust stuff though like kissing etc.) and by the end of the day we realised we love each other alot more than we thought. this could majorly distract us from GCSEs so we decided to stop talking all together.

Maybe less but not none. Less is also a bit odd, less than what?

I think it meant that instead of spending hours a day doing different subjects just do short bits of one subject repeatedly (:badspelling: )

Oh no, the bloody Business Studies, the five hundred and twenty three page book titled BUSINESS STUDIES, the HORRIBLE SUBJECT CALLED BUSINESS STUDIES! MEMORIES OF THE DAMNED SUBJECT ARE FLOCKING BACK!

In all seriousness, I just don't know what to say to the poor people stuck with this... thing. The entry level was crappy enough, but the A-Level in fact has enough momentum to render you brainless in mere seconds. Good luck to all the chaps taking this horrible burden in the years to come.

Anyway, there were a few stuff here and there that I honestly enjoyed studying. The Physics A-Level was pretty interesting, and so was the (oh God I can't believe I'm saying this) Mathematics A-Level... specifically the Mechanics part. I mean, I never got bored of making fun of the Elastic Potential Energy equation (modulus of elasticity x extension squared) / twice the original length. It was, still, equally nice trying to brainstorm an answer to a differential equation every now and then, or try to understand the logic behind the complex numbers.

What the hell are you all looking at? :P

Oh no, the bloody Business Studies, the five hundred and twenty three page book titled BUSINESS STUDIES, the HORRIBLE SUBJECT CALLED BUSINESS STUDIES! MEMORIES OF THE DAMNED SUBJECT ARE FLOCKING BACK!

In all seriousness, I just don't know what to say to the poor people stuck with this... thing. The entry level was crappy enough, but the A-Level in fact has enough momentum to render you brainless in mere seconds. Good luck to all the chaps taking this horrible burden in the years to come.

Anyway, there were a few stuff here and there that I honestly enjoyed studying. The Physics A-Level was pretty interesting, and so was the (oh God I can't believe I'm saying this) Mathematics A-Level... specifically the Mechanics part. I mean, I never got bored of making fun of the Elastic Potential Energy equation (modulus of elasticity x extension squared) / twice the original length. It was, still, equally nice trying to brainstorm an answer to a differential equation every now and then, or try to understand the logic behind the complex numbers.

What the hell are you all looking at? :P

Is Physics and Maths A Level hard? I wanna do them for A-Levels.

Had my secoudn Media exam today and its the biggest doss I have ever done. They give you the paper 2 weeks before the exam and becouse I did all the writting yesterday I just drew pictures all day (designed a website). Good fun in a gcse exam, noooo. Anyway what other exam can you deisgn a website that have sheep that hang unside down of rocks and pigs that fly around, oh and a bus that drive along the bottom every few hours.

Is Physics and Maths A Level hard? I wanna do them for A-Levels.

Maths? Not at all, though it needs quite a lot of brain capacity. It doesn't need much studying aside from knowing the rules but it does need a HUGE amount of practice, especially to get the hang of some of the integration problems. But overall if you have a good set of gears in your head doing the thinking and practice solving lots of different sorts of problems, you're pretty much on your way to an easy A grade. In fact, IMO, the Maths is one of the easier A-levels to get an A in.

As for Physics, it is a bit tougher than Maths. A-level Physics basically takes what you learned from your Maths A-level and builds up on it. It needs the solid brains required for Maths and combines it with the need for good studying capacity, so yes getting an A grade in Physics can be a bit hard, especially in some parts concerning the Operational Amplifier and perhaps the Photoelectric Effect. You need to be a bit of a hard worker, but when compared to say, the harder A-levels like Chemistry, Physics is good to go.

Let me point out that the Maths and Physics combo is a really good one. Both support each other and so you won't have to stretch yourself in different directions when studying for your exams. So yes, I'd say go for it especially if you're a Maths braniac.

Guest mellors_

good luck to everyone and its not only yr 11 that take GCSE's, its some of the smarter yr 10 students like me that take 'em a year early