We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

+ 2 questions | Any cruises soon? | Q about cruising

MrColonist

Hello everyone!

So, the first question is pretty simple:

Are there are cruises comming up soon? I've been playing on live for a bit but no one seem to be into cruising that much with a stranger like me.

Second question:

I've tried this method to be able to free-roam with a friend of mine, but in the video, he says that it works 99% of the time. We had to re-do it a lot of times to get it to work.

What I'm talking about if you haven't pressed on the link is the gameserver issue when wanting to free-roam with friends, you'll end up on diffrent TDU servers and therefor you can't see eachother.

So when you guys have a big cruise or something, how do you do to see eachother?

Thanks in advance!

/ MrColonist

the easiest way to join friends is to make sure you have them on your friends list ... go to the map, go to the player map, then filter on friends ... it's the bottom option.

this normally works pretty well

if they have an N/A next to their name on the map screen it's because ...

1. they're in a race/event of some type

2. they're in a building (house/dealer/tuner/shop/club/etc)

3. the server they are on already has 8 people

4. I think that's it

If it doesn't say N/A next to their name you should be ok ... however there are exceptions

1. if they're doing over 180mph it sometimes has trouble connecting to them as their location is changing quite rapidly.

2. if you need to warp/jump a long distance ... I've had the issue where you rejoin the 'world' you can't see your friends and then it locks ... to get round this jump to somewhere close and then do a second jump to their exact position.

Oh and picking a 'quiet' location to meet is always a good idea too ... so avoid the main city and the race track ... they can be a pain ... and on the rare occasion that new download packs come out avoid meeting at the dealerships

Sorry if this is explained in the video ... but this is the tried and tested technique ...

Oh and once you're in the same server 'lock-on' to each other ... (left a few times on the 'D'-pad, then down to their ID, then right (I think) to select lock) ... oh and if you return to the map you lose connection with the people you were locked to

As Nodz says ... quite a few people have shifted to Forza2 and are playing it till they are blue in the face ... i hold my hand up as being one of them ... HOWEVER I will still be on TDU every now and then as there is only so much circuit racing and car painting my brain can handle (Note to Nipper I'm not including drifting as I haven't learnt how to yet!).

Organised cruises haven't happened for a while ... normally just happen to some extent (when they do)

But here's a suggestion ... why don't you organise a Noob cruise? (I'm guessing you're still newish to this game ... no offence meant if you're not). Create a thread, mention a time (in GMT) and date, give it a subject, suggest what sort of cars to drive (e.g. all Mutangs) and put a list of 8 spaces (obviously with the first one being yourself).

Oh and if you do it might be worth adding the relevant people to friends lists so it's easier to find on the map

Have Fun, Hybrid

I use the method explained above, so I'm not going to repeat that, but one other point of advice I can give is to lock anyoine you're trying to stay with, so it doesn't bump whoiever you are ctuising with into another server.

if there was a cruise, i'm not a noob but pretty new here, I would join. And i'm already getting tired of forza... too much stuff to do, none oof which is ultra fun to just sit at a nd do. Anyway, if you're intrested, send me a message and a friend request.

the easiest way to join friends is to make sure you have them on your friends list ... go to the map, go to the player map, then filter on friends ... it's the bottom option.

this normally works pretty well

if they have an N/A next to their name on the map screen it's because ...

1. they're in a race/event of some type

2. they're in a building (house/dealer/tuner/shop/club/etc)

3. the server they are on already has 8 people

4. I think that's it

If it doesn't say N/A next to their name you should be ok ... however there are exceptions

1. if they're doing over 180mph it sometimes has trouble connecting to them as their location is changing quite rapidly.

2. if you need to warp/jump a long distance ... I've had the issue where you rejoin the 'world' you can't see your friends and then it locks ... to get round this jump to somewhere close and then do a second jump to their exact position.

Oh and picking a 'quiet' location to meet is always a good idea too ... so avoid the main city and the race track ... they can be a pain ... and on the rare occasion that new download packs come out avoid meeting at the dealerships

Sorry if this is explained in the video ... but this is the tried and tested technique ...

Most of this was explained in the movie, except the N/A thing, maybe we had a problem with that, but I doubt it though. Well, we'll keep trying to get a hang of it though.

Oh and once you're in the same server 'lock-on' to each other ... (left a few times on the 'D'-pad, then down to their ID, then right (I think) to select lock) ... oh and if you return to the map you lose connection with the people you were locked to

ya, I know about the lock-on feature! It was pretty neat. Though if as you say, you lose the connection to the guy you're locked on to by returning to the map, also, if you're going into a checkpoing e.g. dealership, so you're pretty much forced to DRIVE everywhere and not teleport.

As Nodz says ... quite a few people have shifted to Forza2 and are playing it till they are blue in the face ... i hold my hand up as being one of them ... HOWEVER I will still be on TDU every now and then as there is only so much circuit racing and car painting my brain can handle (Note to Nipper I'm not including drifting as I haven't learnt how to yet!).

Ya, ya... Forza Forza! I tried the demo, I guess it was OK... well, demos usually aren't very fair to the game in quesiton so.

Organised cruises haven't happened for a while ... normally just happen to some extent (when they do)

But here's a suggestion ... why don't you organise a Noob cruise? (I'm guessing you're still newish to this game ... no offence meant if you're not). Create a thread, mention a time (in GMT) and date, give it a subject, suggest what sort of cars to drive (e.g. all Mutangs) and put a list of 8 spaces (obviously with the first one being yourself).

Oh and if you do it might be worth adding the relevant people to friends lists so it's easier to find on the map

Have Fun, Hybrid

"Noob cruise", hey! I'm not new. :-P It's alright though. I've been playing the game for a while, I'm champion and has done most of the challenges. I'm pretty new to this online thing though, got Xbox live this Monday, so yea.

I'm pretty good at organizing stuff, I'm playing SA-MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) and I'm organizing a lot of cruises and stuff on the server I play on, so I know what's it's all about. However, organizing takes pretty much energy out of you and you have to plan a lot, I guess a simple cruise isn't so hard to organize with only a few people, but a big even is... yeah, energy-draining.

Thanks for your reply.

Cruises were only usually organised if it had some sort of theme, like the mafia cruises, or top gear cruises, etc. etc.

As most people have completed, or atleast gained champion in the single player game, most just cruise around if they are online, I know I do. If I see anyone else on my friends list online, I'll jump to them (although most on mine spend day and night on forza2!!), and just have a nice cruise, one following the other, going whereever you like.