We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 5 Video

Nodz86

The pitcrew and Xanavi 350Z is CGI but after that it's ingame from the replay mode and you know GT has always used it's game engine for replays with little effects like motion blur and depth of field. That was GT5 and yes there was 8 cars also and yes it will be online and we will get a taster of it the end of this year with GT5 Prologue.

Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport are now having to outdo each other and that can only mean good things for us !

[Higher Quality stream as well as HD download link]

:omg::omg::omg: That has to be on Xbox 360. That would so rule!!

I very much doubt that the GT series would ever appear on the 360 or any other platform come to that. The man who invented/makes the GT series has always been committed to sony and I doubt that would ever change. Plus I think Sony are the ones who publish the game.

Polyphony Digital are an inhouse Sony developer meaning they are essentially Sony, just like Turn 10 is an inhouse developer of Microsoft Gaming Studios. You would only ever see these 2 on the PC maybe never each others consoles, though imagine Forza & GT as the one game.

Now that is food for thought!

about 1,000 fully customisable cars, with very detailed damage, sound done to a tee, almost real looking graphics, veihicle details such as moving vents, with a linup from all over the world (not just bloody japan) with formula one and rally (aslong as the handling was done well) personally i would check in a bit of LFS for good measure to make the perfect game aswell.

well, it looks good

[rant]

but the huge difference between Forza (original) and GT4 is the fact that Forza had much better physics than its PS2 rival, graphics went to GT4, but when im playing a racing game i play for Physics and 'feel' as opposed to OMFG LOOK AT THAT LAMPPOST AND ITS 1,000,000,000,000 POLYGONS!!!!!!

thats why i play LFS with a G25, deffinitely not the best graphically, but sure as hell smashes everything for physics

[/rant]

well, it looks good

but when im playing a racing game i play for Physics and 'feel' as opposed to OMFG LOOK AT THAT LAMPPOST AND ITS 1,000,000,000,000 POLYGONS!!!!!!

[/rant]

LoL well said.. How comes the F430 is there? I thought they were only getting the 599?

The Ferrari Licence doesn't limit you to any amount of models that is why it costs so much, you can't say right we want to buy the rights to licence the F599, F430 and F40 for our game as basically it's the full licence or nothing. Then it's upto the developer to create the models, sounds and physics for that model if they like.

The Ferrari Licence doesn't limit you to any amount of models that is why it costs so much, you can't say right we want to buy the rights to licence the F599, F430 and F40 for our game as basically it's the full licence or nothing. Then it's upto the developer to create the models, sounds and physics for that model if they like.

Judging from this we could well see a 599 in both TDU and Forza 2 then?

(cos they both have the full license or nothing)

I would've thought that if a manufacturer only wanted cars A, B and C featured but didn't want say cars X, Y, and Z featured then they could only give a lisence to produce cars A, B and C only.

They can do that, Ford (IIRC) and Porsche license their cars that way (maybe BMW too, not sure), but it appears Ferrari are uptight and make you pay the full amount even if you only use the Enzo and F430, maybe thats why most games that have Ferrari go overboard and have tons of em (might as well if they ahve payed for it i guess lol)

DISCLAIMER: i might be wrong so dont quote me :p

• 3 weeks later...