We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Disc Read Error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(warning rant inside)

Nodz86

I am extremly annoyed, I've been trying to get my TDU to load for the past 10mins and it wont. Tried in normall and HC mode and nothing. I click continue game as usual then the globe will stop spinning and the screen will go black and the Disc Read Error tab will come up but the really annoying thing is that it'll then bring up the car I was in then go into my house I was last in like normal but I can't play as the poxy disc read thing is up.

Its really annoying me, the save file has not become corrupt nor has any of the DLC, but I was having troubles the other day when I tried to load it and both times I've been in a DLC car, TVR last time and Vette convertable this time, but I've never had any trouble like this with it before and the disc isn't scratched either.

I just hope my 360 ain't on the way out, I've only had it since november. Its started to do the same thing on FIFA 07 when I make subs which means people give me negative rep as they think I've quit early and the last game that done this was Saints Row which not load ing a few times developed a 3/4 inch crck from the centre of the disc outwards and now that doesn't work either.:mad:

Sorry bout essay/rant just need to get it off my chest and calm down a bit as the 360 was about to go out the window.

me too its not scratched it started when i got the new house bel-air terrace and sold my other house i went inside the new house and only 2 cars appeared my jaguar xj220 and lamborghini gallardo spyder the others didnt appear went i went to there names it froze amd the disc read error came up so i restarted the computer same thing happend when i went to there names then i lifted my 360 up verticly and cleaned the disc and it actually worked i saw the cars after a while when i thought everything was ok it happeng again :wtf: god! when computers freeze or dont work its like there letting u down after spending so much money on them

Just an update, you wont be seeing me on TDU for a while.

I managed to get it to work last night but when I went into the garage to change cars it made a loud meh type noise then the disc slowed down and made another one so I got the disc outand as the tray opened got the poxy disc read error looked at the disc and it has got curved scratch's on it as if whilst it was spinning it was scratched. So I am really annoyed as now I can't play TDU.

Thats 3 games its ruined now since I got it in November TDU, Saints Row and Crackdown, but with Crackdownm it done it a day after I bought it so I took it back and swapped it for a new one said it was like it when I opened it, I think I've had TDU a bit to long to do that.

i know same with me it has scratches around the end of the disc im getting 1000 dollars soon so ill nuy xbox live and new tdu

p.s. heres a tip to save ur games the reason mine got ruined was cuz i left the game on pause all night and the disc couldnt take 12 hours of spinning so do u leave ur games on at night when u go to sleep

I never leave the discs in the system always come out when I've finished playing and I never leave them on all night. Which is annoying as a few of my mates leave out the caese lying around and leave them on pause for hours and there 360 is fine, I try to take care and it cocks up.

well idk everytime i try doing tantalus time challange i fail cuz i get too much damage when i get to finish line in time and when i fail i started driving down crater mountain and i froze so badly disc read error didnt come up im about to give up hope for this dic and buy a new one with the 1000 dollars im getting along with live