We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Racing league

S71NG3R

Is anyone interested in racing in a league?

I have this idea from my experience of racing in a sim racing league. I am interested in seeing if this could work in TDU. I can see the possibility of 8 tracks using the race track and Ford Island.

There will be 6 people in total for each race day.

Here is a example of how it would work:

2 spotters are positioned at the trackside to look for cheating and are barriers for different track combinations at Ford Island.

The starter/finisher starts and stops the race using their brake lights and takes note of who's 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Day 1

Race 1 - Race track forward

Group A will have 3 racers - Group B will be 2 spotters and 1 starter/finisher

Group B will have 3 racers - Group A will be 2 spotters and 1 starter/finisher

Race 2 - Race track backwards

Group A will have 3 racers - Group B will be 2 spotters and 1 starter/finisher

Group B will have 3 racers - Group A will be 2 spotters and 1 starter/finisher

There would be a Qualifying day to see who is in Group A or B. This will be a one shot timed lap.

All racers will have the same car all tuned to stage 3 and each car will be in your league colour you are given at the start of the league. e.g.

racer 1 = red

racer 2 = yellow

racer 3 = blue

racer 4 = green

racer 5 = white

racer 6 = black

The cars can be the same type for all the race days or a different type each day.

The points system:

1st = 3 pts

2nd = 2 pts

3rd = 1 pt

At the end of all the races the winner of group A will be champ the loser will to down to group B. The winner of group B will move to group A.

Race day can be 1 day a week or month etc.

I was thinking of 3 laps for the race track and 4 laps for Ford Island each race day.

So what do you think and would you be interested?

I am interested, however I think it would be quite difficult to find a day and a time so that all the racers can meet each week.

Or do you mean different racers each week?

Does the points system carry over, or is it just restarted at 0 every week?

Not so sure about same car, but I guess it does make it fairer, I'd prefer to be able to choose my own though.

Just my thoughts on first reading, Looking forward to seeing what some other people have to say about it.

The points are carried forward to the next race day just like a championship. At the end of all the races the person at the top of group A is the champion. Then the next season will start with the points set to zero.

Also the last person in group A goes down to group B, the winner of group B moves to A.

There are lots of possibilities this is just one idea.

I would like to see how many people are interested in racing competitively. Then I can look at the best way it can be done.