We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

And another one bites the dust......

Nipper

My xbox has died, although not actually die properly, more of a coma really...

The problem is it isn't reading discs anymore, where it says the game name on the dashboard it now just simply says 'Unreadable Disc' (or along those lines)

It does this on EVERY game/CD/DVD i put into it's tray of never ending chaos

Anyone got any tips on how to fix this or is it a 'send off to MS and wait several weeks' job??

cos if its the latter i aint gonna bother, just gonna sell it and move onto PC or sumin (mainly cos i aint paying for all the DLC AGAIN so i can play offline if i ever need to, cos internet can sometimes go a bit screwy and not let you connect)

Try one of those laser cleaning discs, I used one in mine a while back and it sorted it, you normally have to do it a couple of times over a week or two but it sorts it out, well it did for me. Not sure MS says anything abo9ut not doing this so it might be worth checking incase it voids something.

Thanks for the tip Nodz, can't believe i didnt think of that myself (as I used it all the time on my PS2, and more recently my mates PS3)

I am gonna + Rep your post if it doesnt give me a msg about too much rep or watever.

MS can't do jack about me putting a disc with a brush on in my xbox LOL....

Well it hasn't worked, and i think i know what is actually wrong now, it appears that th disc isn't even being spun round...

I guess it's an MS jobby, which means all my DLC is screwed for offline play, and the fact that teh F1 LM can't be redownloaded without a code, so I'm royally screwed on my TDU save.... brilliant

Thinking of just selling it all and getting a new Elite (My XBL subscription is up soon anyway, and the 360 was out of warranty since last thursday, unbelievabley bad luck all round)

Well it hasn't worked, and i think i know what is actually wrong now, it appears that th disc isn't even being spun round...

I guess it's an MS jobby, which means all my DLC is screwed for offline play, and the fact that teh F1 LM can't be redownloaded without a code, so I'm royally screwed on my TDU save.... brilliant

Thinking of just selling it all and getting a new Elite (My XBL subscription is up soon anyway, and the 360 was out of warranty since last thursday, unbelievabley bad luck all round)

Not so

Micro$haft increased the warranty to 3 years because they know that the xbox is about as reliable as a metro...

You should be able to get the Exclusive cars back, if you go to the account management section on your 360 it shows everything you've ever downloaded and it gives you the option to re-download it even on the exclusive cars.

OK guys, thanks for all your input, gonna call up MS later today and give em hell..

Dodgem, shut up about the metro :p

Diablo, thanks for that, didnt know they increased warranty lol

Nodz, that **may** work.. but it didnt on my RS4 and SKyline pack when the last box died, so its a maybe lol

thanks all :) My G25 and LFS have been treating me kindly since the box died