We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

You've got to 'love' american styling

YeOldeTDUMan

I heard that Ford Mo Co wants a global face for Ford like that Focus front end across all continents so Ford Oz, Ford Europe and other ford markets would have the same corporate face across all models. It seems abit strange but Toyota do it and it seems to work because if you look at the Toyota Aurion (Australia & New Zealand markets) and the Avensis you can see the corporate face between them in a different variation.

On topic I actually prefer that Focus to our plain styled Focus If I'm honest ....

..... Yes you heard right.

Well Ford have just shown a revised Focus for the European market at Frankfurt

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-euro-ford-focus/

Ford tried doing 'common' cars a while ago ... original Mondeo had a slight restyling and 'downgrade' in interior quality for US market ... badged as a contour

then Mk1 Focus was sold over there ... with different front and rear bumpers (due to their regs)

the problem is when markets want different things from their cars ... just written a post on the Atari forum with similar(ish) comments ... I think I could write a book on the subject!

I've just read your post over there and I totally agree with you about the quality especially on the interior. Its the same on the Viper as much as I love the car the interior is rubbish with screws showing and dodgy plastic (pic below), you shouldn't have that on a £70k car.

But as Nige says the only company to get away with one design is Toyota/Lexus.

^^^

Nodz I see what you mean thats bad !

Its all tacky and cheap and not very nice at all !

If the Yanks got it into their head that the quality of the interior is a major point of buying a car they would very likely sell a damn sight more cars than they do now over here.

I heard that Ford Mo Co wants a global face for Ford like that Focus front end across all continents so Ford Oz, Ford Europe and other ford markets would have the same corporate face across all models. It seems abit strange but Toyota do it and it seems to work because if you look at the Toyota Aurion (Australia & New Zealand markets) and the Avensis you can see the corporate face between them in a different variation.

On topic I actually prefer that Focus to our plain styled Focus If I'm honest ....

..... Yes you heard right.

In Australia the Avensis is: Toyota Camry; Avensis

and the Aurion is a slightly different vehical.

^^^

Nodz I see what you mean thats bad !

Its all tacky and cheap and not very nice at all !

If the Yanks got it into their head that the quality of the interior is a major point of buying a car they would very likely sell a damn sight more cars than they do now over here.

but Americans like their cars cheap with all the toys on them ... better quality interior would cost lots of Bucks ...

In Australia the Avensis is: Toyota Camry; Avensis

and the Aurion is a slightly different vehical.

Yeah I know that the Aurion is a different vehicle, I was just saying that you can see the corporate face on the Aurion & Avensis in a different variation.

but Americans like their cars cheap with all the toys on them ... better quality interior would cost lots of Bucks ...

True like the Z06 thats like the best bang for your buck car you can buy (well maybe 2nd because the VXR8 is more practical) but inside its all cheap plastic and tacky, even I admit that but I would still buy one if I had the money :excited:.