We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The End Of Ali G and Borat!!

Nodz86

Borat too famous for Cohen

Fri 28 Dec 12:24 PM

Sacha Baron Cohen says he will never play Borat or Ali G on screen ever again because it's difficult for the characters to fool people now they are so well known.

Cohen said: "It is like saying goodbye to a loved one. It is hard, and the problem with success, although it’s fantastic, is that every new person who sees the Borat movie is one less person I can 'get' again. But the success has been great, better than anything I dreamed of."

He added: "When I was being Ali G and Borat I was in character sometimes 14 hours a day, and I came to love them, so admitting I am never going to play them again is a sad thing.

"It’s much easier for me to be in character, and it’s a lot more fun. If I’d done the entire promotional campaign for Borat as myself, it wouldn’t have developed in the same way."

Cohen is reportedly now working on making a film based on his gay fashion reporter character Bruno.

Never got Ali G and people doing bad impressions really annoyed me but Borat I thought was great, totally stupid, and disturbing in parts but still very very funny in parts. The original series with borat before the film was better though becouse the film just did it all again and not even the best bits. Might be overrated but can't say it was a bad program, good for a laugh.