We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Its a maybe

Baltoman

Well I have figured out something... Why have a Xbox360 when you can have TDU for PC, its cheaper and its better... is it? Im saving money to buy a video card and other thing that I need to run TDU. But I need your opinion of which version is better... PC? or 360? I need a Gforce 7600+ with 512mb and some other thingys so should i really buy the "equipment"? or is 360 better? :oook:

- If your rig can run it - graphics wise, PC is miles better (if you invest money in it)

- DLC wise - obviously 360 is better.

- Communities are about the same

- PC has the modding option, like rim swapping, body swapping, night mod, mist mod (new one), painting unpaintable cars etc

- PC has a better photo uploader

- 360 has better serves (i think)

- 360 has far less bugs and lag problems

- 360 will last longer and not be out performed by gaems, as they are designed for the console

- The 6600 is only £60. So is cheaper than a 360 console. But will need updating soon.

It depends on if you're buying a 360 unit to play TDU etc. If not, then I'd buy the 360. But if you dont own a 360 console, then we need to discuss your personal preference :)

I dont own a 360 yet... I really wanna know which one is better... Im kinda buying a 360 JUST to play TDU but theres also halo 3 and others and its more complicated to install xbox live and more expensive too but is it actually more fun than the pc? and should I buy a geforce 7600+ (recomended) or a better one?

There is a night mod, which allows you to make the sky dark - http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=51152

There is a misty mod, however it has not been cofirmed yet - http://forums.eu.atari.com/showthread.php?t=76710

And you can swap the car rims over, by simply swapping the raw files found in the C drive.

Also, you can swap the car models over, to effectively paint the unpaintable cars.

And finally you can swap engine sound files over, to make them more realistic.

Rim files no - simple. Just you can only replace rims which are smaller in file size. And obviously rename them. For instance, I have skyline rims on my 575 Maranellos.

But you have to remember to back up the originals.

the body swpping is more complicated, and I cant even be bothered to do it. You don't gain much, as people dont see your modifications, unless they do exactly the same.

I dont own a 360 yet... I really wanna know which one is better... Im kinda buying a 360 JUST to play TDU but theres also halo 3 and others and its more complicated to install xbox live and more expensive too but is it actually more fun than the pc? and should I buy a geforce 7600+ (recomended) or a better one?

7600GT isn't gonna be enough if you're gonna play on PC, you have to get a Top of the Line PC just to play, it really demands more from your PC and takes it to the limit. My computer is a decent rig and yet it TDU still demands more. 17-28FPS is what I get. I prefer the X360 if it goes to TDU.

7600GT isn't gonna be enough if you're gonna play on PC, you have to get a Top of the Line PC just to play, it really demands more from your PC and takes it to the limit. My computer is a decent rig and yet it TDU still demands more. 17-28FPS is what I get. I prefer the X360 if it goes to TDU.

A 7600GT is a perfectly good card to play TDU at decent specs and decent resolution :oook:

Guest RB26DETT

TDU isn't a hardware demanding game like Crysis. TDU just needs enough RAM and a good GPU to run smoothly. Heck, I'm getting 20FPS on my outdated rig which is still pretty smooth. I'm playing on 800x600, No AA, and No HDR. And I have a AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.0ghz, 7300gs, 1.5bgb ram 266mhz.

I suggest these parts to get if you want to play on PC. These won't hurt your wallet that much.

CPU: A duo core processor running at 2.0ghz

GPU: 7600gt 512mb is a very good card to play TDU on. If you want something more powerful, I suggest the ATi X1950xt.

RAM: 2gb ddr2 memory running at 800mhz.

Urh, incorrect there my friend. Speed has that card, and so does another mate of ours (not on TDU:C) and they both get 2xAA on 1280x1024 on TDU and can record fraps.

I have played both the 360 and PC versions of TDU (my bro has it on his 360) and I have to say the PC version, while shortchanged, has a much better fun-factor, and is much more rewarding when you are actually playing the game. The controls for instance on the 360, are annoying at best. When you are actually driving, there is a fine line between steering lightly and steering heavily with the 360.

I am not saying the PC version is perfect, with multiple bugs, and lack of DLC, im just saying that it is in fact better than the 360 version. Also, the reason PC's online is so bad is because hardly anyone forwards their ports, and on a peer hosted online system, it kinda doesn't work.

I have played both the 360 and PC versions of TDU (my bro has it on his 360) and I have to say the PC version, while shortchanged, has a much better fun-factor, and is much more rewarding when you are actually playing the game. The controls for instance on the 360, are annoying at best. When you are actually driving, there is a fine line between steering lightly and steering heavily with the 360.

I am not saying the PC version is perfect, with multiple bugs, and lack of DLC, im just saying that it is in fact better than the 360 version. Also, the reason PC's online is so bad is because hardly anyone forwards their ports, and on a peer hosted online system, it kinda doesn't work.

Tell him to turn steering sensitivity down then ;)