We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TF2 copied?

S71NG3R

Guest RB26DETT

yeah. i saw this on the another forum i'm in. i mean if it's free why not try it out. i hope the environment is destructable like in the upcoming BF:Bad Company which won't be out for PC! >:(

But did you read about the evil plan. The first part is free, ok there are ads everywhere but new content you have to pay for.

So as I see it EA's giving you a demo full of ads for free, thanks just what I wanted. Then you give them your hard earned cash for a new gun or a map. :rolleyes:

Guest RB26DETT
But did you read about the evil plan. The first part is free, ok there are ads everywhere but new content you have to pay for.

So as I see it EA's giving you a demo full of ads for free, thanks just what I wanted. Then you give them your hard earned cash for a new gun or a map. :rolleyes:

ahhhh. i see. it's like warrock over here in the philippines. the game is free but you need pay with real cash to buy the new guns.

They better not. Tf2 is a very unique(in my opinion) and very good shooter. In the OLD TFC, you could just pick a class and get kills. Now each class has a specific role it must take.

Like pyros, they are mainly for rushing in and burning up some defense(or keeping the offense backed off while the engies build). Then medics are mainly for healing people, the nail gun ain't worth junk for killing people really. Everyone else is for kills, but each one has a different way of getting kills, rather than point and shoot. All the weapons work DIFFERENTLY.

Thats what makes TF2 a great game, and if other games start copying it, I may never buy another FPS.

This is absolute rubbish. Sneaky EA at it again always trying to steal good ideas from companies :(.

TF2 will be so much better than this Battlefield : Heroes. All Battlefield : Heroes is is a really bad copy of what TF2 is. And if the game does get to past the development stage then why did they make it free? What happens to people who would rather have it without stupid adverts etc..?

Of course they don't mention any cons such as having to pay for maps and features which I think is just pointless. If I was going to buy a game like that I would rather pay for it than see adverts on it all the time and have to pay for each bloody map and extra feature!

I think it's just pointless as I always thought the Battlefield series was meant to be on the more realistic edge of gaming giving you a nice experience from a realistic point of view.

This game will just be a dodgy copy of an already great cartoon shooter and I really hope it doesn't make it past the development stage. If it does (which it probably will :() then I hope that people will realise how much of a mirror image it is of TF2 and see that you can have so much more with TF2 for probably a fraction of the price if you include all the money spent on features, maps... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
i hope the environment is destructable like in the upcoming BF:Bad Company which won't be out for PC! >:(

I tested the 360 beta of Bad Company. You're not missing much, it's an average shooter that just so happens to have destructible environments. Looks nice. Gameplay was not even close to the quality delivered by Call of Duty. That said I will probably still pick it up at some point, just for the novelty of blowing things up.