We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Driver Of The Week (DOTW #1)

S71NG3R

DOTW is the fastest time set on a time trial or race event in TDU. The player has to take a picture (for consoles) or screen shot as evidence of the time.

The image must be a maximum size of 800 x 600 and posted when the player feels they have a winning time. You can change the picture as often as you like before the closing date. But you can only have one post with the picture so you must edit your post each time. This is to keep the thread tidy.

The winner at the end of the week with the fastest time can choose the next event. The only rule is the event must be different to the current DOTW event.

You can use any car/bike tuned that the event allows. DLC cars/bikes are also allowed unless there is a clear advantage gained

The event each week will be in this format:

Type of event | event name | map reference | race number on the Island map

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This weeks DOTW challenge. 04/02/08 - 11/02/08 @ 12am GMT

Race | Around the crater | Island map ref: 10 - I | Race 16

Race Finished - Official Standings

1st ShadowGT 1'42"32 (PC)

2nd Car Freak 1'43"12 (PC)

3rd Iced_Bullet 1'43"81 (PC)

4th S71NG3R 1'44"79 (PC)

5th MadMax 1'47"95 (PC)

6th Hybrid_IV 1'51"47 (X360)

7th RB26DETT 1'56"06 (PC)

8th

9th

10th

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there are no rules of what car to use, that's all we have to do is do the race as fast as possible? Correct? If so this sounds like fun!

+ Only races we can to is a Race and Time?

Yes you can use any car even tuned that the race/time trial allows.

Correct the only races are single player race and time trials.

@ Speed yes I did plan to list the times see first post.

Guest RB26DETT

i'm going to do that race again. :p sorry, i just want to do the best i could and i hope i can achieve a better time than my 1st run. :o

try not to spin out! try not to spin out! try not to spin out damn it! :mad:

Guest RB26DETT
Remember to edit your post with your time pic if you want to change it. I will be scanning down the thread for posts that have been edited.

will do S71NG3R. :)

is it okay to post a reply on the thread saying that i edited my first post with a new pic?

will do S71NG3R. :)

is it okay to post a reply on the thread saying that i edited my first post with a new pic?

Yes that is ok, I just don't want pages of pictures from the same person that's all. So one pic per person is easier to keep track of who is winning.

Here's my try. Could probably have gone faster, but didn't have the balls to try...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/1carfreak1/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/DoTW1.jpg

I've also noticed this DOTW is also the "Show off you custom painted Shelby Daytona Coupe thread"... :p

<edit> here's my next few attempts...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/1carfreak1/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/DoTWSOCLOSE.jpg

And finally...

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/1carfreak1/Test%20Drive%20Unlimited/DoTWYES.jpg

:excited::excited::excited:

just a suggestion... buuuuut...

you know how in multiplayer challenges there is an option to test drive the course (press Y for Xbox 360 users)

well, maybe future challenges could be based on those practice run times. this leaves the ability open to use hardcore mode aswell as normal mode, and have a split leaderboard...

what you think?