We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

CTD after leaving the garage

///AMGedUP

CTD=crash to desktop

anyways I installed vista ultimate 64 bit not to long ago, installed tdu on it and it worked fine, left the game alone, didnt play it for some time but last night I couldn't get it to work, every time id leave the garage my game would crash, any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShiZzl3
that didn't work either, reinstalled twice in a row

your either not doing what i said correctly, or you are using illegal copy.

Check the Atari forums, search for House Save Freeze. I've typed it here somewhere before when I had this, but I can't find it at the moment, and have to leave. Basically there's 3 steps, first go in game to menu, then come out, then go in, reduce all settings to lowest, then come out, then go in again and it should work. Sorry for rambling, in a rush :)

I think: you get into the game, into your garage. exit the game allowing it to save etc. then re-open the game and voila it should work.

Oh yeah, I forgot that step, more time now.

1. Go in game, let it load, don't click "Continue Game" Instead go to options, then Video Settings and put it on low deatil, no AA, no HDR etc. Resolution can stay as it is. Then close the game.

2. Open TDU again, this time do click "Continue Game" Browse through your garage, look at your news etc in your house for about 1 min. Then close the game again without leaving your house.

3. Finally go back in game and play as normal, you should now be able to leave your house :)