We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

File got, thanks.

You have changed vehicle speed limiter to 360 km/h, it seems to be higher than original value. To open this vehicle in TDUMT, put back original speed with TDUPE.

Will that problem be fixed with a new version of TDUPE or is that a bug in TDUMT?

Because there's a few car mods that I've changed the top speed on because they don't mix with the car mod itself.

I don't play online so I don't want to be stuck with default physics.

Same for me...

I decreased the speed limiter of the M3 GT2 to 260, and it worked again...

But as example: I have installed Tool's BMW Italdesign Nazca C2 with Tool's Physics, and I can't open it... so should all the custom physics done by Tool (and my own, too) be useless because we can't open the cars after the physics changes in the Modding Tools?

Why is there such a problem with the speed limiter after in v1.12 (which I use now instead of the new v1.14) there wasn't one?

:confused:

Thanks in advance for the answers :)

Greetz

Fl0w

PS: This should not be meant derogative or something like that, I respect your work on the Modding Tools, but I'm a bit irritated by the error ... ;)

Hi everyone,

my main goal when creating Vehicle Manager has always been to respect genuine performance settings for each car, so that my tools (and me) can't be responsible for online cheating/disturbing.

I love this game AND online mode - unlike people such as Kurgan, or Dredgy and many others.

Since 1.14 I've added a speed limiter setting, that allows to set lower speed as original to enhance car realism. But already modified speeds (which are bigger than genuine) are considered as invalid data. So it's not a bug, it's a feature.

Now, if anyone wants to take responsability, you know there's a xml file in my Modding Tools which can be modified to go beyond the rules. I won't provide any support for this, as I'm sure some of you have already altered it to make other slots to appear in Vehicle Manager.

So, there won't be any 'fix' for this. But thanks for bringing this point out, you have now an official explanation :)

I found the xml-file you mean...

I'll try to modify it so I can open all the cars in TDUMT again ;)

I know now your reasons for adding such a feature, and I understand it.

Thanks anyways for your Modding Tools, Djey, without them, the world of TDU would not be half as good as now:thumbsup:

+rep (€dit: must spread first ... -.-)

Greetz

Fl0w

Hi everyone,

my main goal when creating Vehicle Manager has always been to respect genuine performance settings for each car, so that my tools (and me) can't be responsible for online cheating/disturbing.

I love this game AND online mode - unlike people such as Kurgan, or Dredgy and many others.

Since 1.14 I've added a speed limiter setting, that allows to set lower speed as original to enhance car realism. But already modified speeds (which are bigger than genuine) are considered as invalid data. So it's not a bug, it's a feature.

I really don't understand the new limitation, because you're already giving people fairly significant methods of gaining advantage in online games with the settings that are currently open.

Even without changing tire grip or downforce settings, you can drastically improve the handling of any car in the game by changing ride height, suspension rate, "primacy", gearing, and transmission type.

A car can be made to accelerate faster and handle far better than a stock vehicle with the settings you already have open.

Example, take two identical cars, both RWD 5-speed manual shifting cars, modify just one of them to be 4WD, have 7 gears and have sequential shifting, shorten the gear ratios, lower the ride height and stiffen the suspension.

Even though they both have the same horsepower and the same top speed setting, the modified car is going to get off the line faster and handle better thanks to the stiffer suspension and 4WD. It will accelerate faster thanks to the shortened gearing, sequential shifting, and two more gears.

Limiting the top speed at this point is like trying to put a cork in the top of a wine bottle that's got a bunch of holes drilled in the side.

Hi Djey, you need to create a tool that can change top speed limit at 0 - 470 kmh,

Accelaration,

handling,

modify velucidade each gear, example:

1 -60

2 -120

3 -...

more easy for us to use your tools.

If someone wants to use cheats use the trainers.

The problem is that using the mod, as the cars of the Nissan 350Z, Toyota Supra from the movie fast and furious that replace the original 350Z and Jaguar, not give me the enthusiasm that I think should give because they are very slow.

I dont know if you know what I mean

to drive these mods would give me more satisfaction, more realism

Hey Djey

At first, the new Modding Tools are great...as always.:thumbsup:

But if i'm in the Vehicle Manager, there's a Error at EVERY car (Unable to load requested vehicle data)!!!

I've atached the Debug Mode File, i hope you can help me. ;)

Greetz from Germany

Hi Djey

you could include in the modding tools in the vehicle manager, where it says camera-ik change the name to alterations, this section add more performance and handling replace with the original list of cars ahead.

Your tools would be simply magnificent

:)

Hi Djey

you could include in the modding tools in the vehicle manager, where it says camera-ik change the name to alterations, this section add more performance and handling replace with the original list of cars ahead.

Your tools would be simply magnificent

:)

Changing the cameras and IK's does NOT change the performance or handling of the cars.

The camera options ONLY change the cameras you see in the game. The driver's view, the hood view, and the two different cameras you see when you look backwards inside and outside the car.

The IK option controls the driver seating position inside the car, the positions of the hands on the steering wheel, the position of the steering wheel itself on the dashboard, and the position of the seatbelts in the car.

You could change the camera of the VW Golf to the Ferrari Enzo but it wouldn't make the Golf any faster or handle any different.

Hi, I've got a question for you! I changed the brand name of the tvr sagaris with the one of the gumpert apollo but in game I still see it called tvr sagaris, I have to use TDUPE to change brand and model (naturally there aren't gumpert and apollo data yet in tdupe) ..... why?

Hi,

just tested, and that works well here. Brand names and logo are set accordingly.

Don't forget to press the Save button (upper right corner) before starting the game.

Is it the same issue for other cars, by the way ?

The strange thing is that modding tools saves correctly but the car in game has still the standard name, or to be precise the one set by the phys. autoinstaller/performance pack of tdupe. Even if I add colours I don't see them in game, seems that modding tools doesn't saves correctly the db or similar. If I look in vehicle manager the sagaris is set as gumpert Apollo correctly but in game is still tvr apollo as it says in tdupe!

My game is italian, so mt is set on italian as locality, I think it's right.....

To see a difference I have to use tdupe that unfprtunately is not updated to 1.68a

I can assume the db is saved correctly by TDUMT.

I can't be responsible of what you can do with TDUPE afterwards, I'm not even aware of what this performance pack does to your game. It may erase changes my tools have done.

the performance packs are .tdupk files, physical settings installed using tdupe. for example if the physics autoinstaller doens't work (this is another strange problem of my game) I have to manually insert the phys. settings from the install.pch file directly with tdupe, doing a copy-paste in the original tdupk file of the car.

The strange thing is that I use modding tools to change the brand after installing the physics but seems that mt doesn't overwright correctly the brand settings in the db file so I always see the standard name and brand....do you think is possible?

BTW thanks for your help!

Tuning Kits section

Thanks for this great tool Djey! But is it the Tuning kit section will be functioning soon? I need it so it can actually upgrade my car and not downgrade it! I'm using the mods from Tool831 and Turbo Lag, the tuning kits showing the wrong info!

• 2 weeks later...

Please help!

can someone please help me i cant get the Tdu mod and play patch to work i installed the magic map mod but when i try to patch with the tdu mod and play patch it says

** 9/05/2010 6:09:36 PM ERROR

*** Exception > Patch file '\install.pch' not found!

** 9/05/2010 6:10:25 PM ERROR

*** Exception > Patch was not applied as a critical error occured.

Please contact Modding Tools support.

can someone please help i really want to be able to mod this game:(