We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

^ All he does all day is rarely emerge from his house, wander around a bit looking for holes in the fence, then gorge his face as shown, then wander back in for more sleep. He is cool though.:)

Anyway, back onto the photos...

2680107473_3d12b3c7ba.jpg?v=0

I was looking through my collection and found a few more Morgan pictures worth saving.

2680900478_dd871c8cf2.jpg?v=0

2680081037_8dcbe608ab.jpg?v=0

2680899336_366bd53d35.jpg?v=0

2680080149_f62f45dee2.jpg?v=0

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Few of mines taken last week, but the sun just disapeared when I started.... ^^

Are there any photos under all that processing?! :p

Cropped version of my PhOTW entry.

Very nice and only a small amount of parrallax bending, impressive.

I've only got a compact digital (my SLR is still film).

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

edit: Oh just saw this:

^Mb: I also don't see the point in the UV filter as far as improving photos goes. However it protects the lens, and is the only filter I've got for that lens.
UV filters are needed for film cameras, because the UV exposes the film in addition to the visible light, so you can get a haze effect whenever you shoot in sunshine and also end up with a sky that looks turquoise rather than blue, hence why they're usually called skylight filters. Even though you don't need them on a digital camera, they're useful to stick on anyway because a filter is cheaper to replace when you scratch it than a lens :p

I'm normally hugely opposed to mucking about with photos in the development room as it were, but I made an exception this time to test out bracketing and how steady I could hold the camera (it's a multi-exposure composite, which some people call 'HDR').

Very tricky shooting conditions! Shot #1 is very good for the long exposure. There's a script for my camera that can tell it to take a photo when it detects motion - apparently it's good for capturing lightning strikes, but I haven't seen any to find out!

Another 'subtle' HDR photo:

and then for the hell of it, a deliberately unsubtle one :D

Are you from cambridge or just passing through? i live a few miles away from those pictures!

^ A bit too subtle the first one there. And IMHO not a very good one below it. Sorry but try playing around with the settings a bit more. And what methods do you use to get HDR?
No such thing as too subtle in my opinion - the point isn't to make a surreal picture (unless it's a joke like the one of Kings), just to capture information that your eyes see but the camera doesn't record. The 'proper' exposure of Clare bridge just has a clipped white sky which bleeds over to the vegetation, so you need HDR to make the photo look like you actually see it.

As for methods, I use some custom software in the camera to bracket at +/- 2ev (usually), then create layers in The GIMP with masks from greyscale copies and tweak the levels.

Are you from cambridge or just passing through? i live a few miles away from those pictures!
I'm an alumnus so pop back occasionally. (Always fun to walk past the gates were the tourists can't go :p)