We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wooooot!!! I Passed!!!!!!

ShadowGT

Guest RB26DETT

hell yeah! and the tests over there are a lot!

i only got a written examination 40 item, 30 correct items and you pass.

the driving test was the driving lessons already. :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah here its really easy, you get like "L"s where you have to pass a 35 question thing with a maximum of 2 mistakes. then you can drive with a licensed driver for a minimum of 120 hours with 20 hours worth of night driving. Then you can go for your "P1"s where you have to do a year's worth of driving, after doing a very tough practical test, then your "P2"s where you have to do another practical test as well as a computer test, which you have to have for a minimum of 2 years, then your full license. all in all it costs about $300 plus extra for driving lessons.

yeah here its really easy, you get like "L"s where you have to pass a 35 question thing with a maximum of 2 mistakes. then you can drive with a licensed driver for a minimum of 120 hours with 20 hours worth of night driving. Then you can go for your "P1"s where you have to do a year's worth of driving, after doing a very tough practical test, then your "P2"s where you have to do another practical test as well as a computer test, which you have to have for a minimum of 2 years, then your full license. all in all it costs about $300 plus extra for driving lessons.

Blimey thats very long winded, probably the safest way of doing it to be fair.

• 3 weeks later...
^ Sure its not a Merc, but when you have to pay for your own car and insurance (my parents will pay for me to drive their car, but thats a Kangoo...) a Clio Campus technically is a latest model car. So its still very expensive, but maybe not for you, because you don't have a 7 grand bill to pay for the car, only for the insurance, which is probably cheaper than here in 'lets rip everyone off' Britain.

If I were to get a 2002 Clio 1.2 for when I am 17 (I'm not), it would cost around £3000 for the car, then a further £1700 a year to insure just me, then there is road tax, petrol etc to consider as well as the costs of driving lessons and tests. Man I hate this country for its expenses.

Just saw this one, and it made me laugh so hard....

If that scenario played out in Denmark, the numbers would be quite different.

First off, you can't drive till you're 18.

The expenses are as follows:

Clio 1.2 2002: 8.000 quid.

Insurance for 18 year old: Roughly 2.300 quid.

Road tax: 300 quid a year.

Petrol: 1.20 a litre for Unleaded 95 1.23 for diesel

Lessons in DK: 49.5 an hour. (24 minimum required) Theory Test: 53 Driving Test: 59.5. Theory lessons: 300 for the package.

You still think England is expensive?

• 3 months later...

Had my licence 3 years now...

Currently driving a 2002 Fiat Punto 1.2 active 5 door. 60 hp of raging Italian fury! It's fun round town, but on the open road it sort of falls flat on its face unless you rev the nuts off it in 4th gear.

Learned to drive in my dad's 2001 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi 110hp (fun to drive, actually) Still insured on it too. It cruises rather nicely at 70-80mph, and it's so much fun out-dragging all the chavs in their 1.2 Corsas when I'm driving it.

Used to have a 1975 Land Rover Series 3 88' but sold it 2 years ago. I drove that a lot, was fun, but slooooow.

We also have a 2000 Land Rover Discovery II Td5 at the moment, but I'm not insured on that, for obvious reasons...

I also have 2 kinds of forklift licence and a tractor licence. Yep, I can legally drive the sort of machinery that could potentially take down a house... scary, eh? I found out the tractor licence lets me tow a 20 ton trailer. TWENTY TONS!

Also, I've only ever driven an automatic about 300 yards, and hated it. I admit, it was a 1998 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 automatic though, rofl.