We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Asus EEE PC users!!

Every review I've read says the EEE PC 1000 is much better than the Wind. It isn't a poxy 8gb flash memory on a 7-inch screen like RB's sisters'.

Send £350 to eBuyer and they'll get you an EEE 1000 with a new Intel Atom 1.6ghz, 10-inch screen, Windows XP PoS3, 80gb HDD and 1gb RAM as standard that will upgrade to 2gb. The battery is ideal for its intended use as an electronic note book at college, it can last 6 - 8 hours without needing a recharge. It is smaller than most other laptops, but it's heavier than a Wind, although I wouldn't buy a Wind because it has a sillier name... "I've got Wind!"/"I've got Es!"

I made this thread in this section because I don't intend to use it for gaming, although the graphics memory eats into the RAM, so I will definitely upgrade and try ;)

Every review I've read says the EEE PC 1000 is much better than the Wind. It isn't a poxy 8gb flash memory on a 7-inch screen like RB's sisters'.

Send £350 to eBuyer and they'll get you an EEE 1000 with a new Intel Atom 1.6ghz, 10-inch screen, Windows XP PoS3, 80gb HDD and 1gb RAM as standard that will upgrade to 2gb. The battery is ideal for its intended use as an electronic note book at college, it can last 6 - 8 hours without needing a recharge. It is smaller than most other laptops, but it's heavier than a Wind, although I wouldn't buy a Wind because it has a sillier name... "I've got Wind!"/"I've got Es!"

I made this thread in this section because I don't intend to use it for gaming, although the graphics memory eats into the RAM, so I will definitely upgrade and try ;)

The battary is the only bad thing about the Wind but for the £70 can buy another one or an external battery charger pack thing.

Anyway i'm getting the Advent 4211 which is a crap name but not bad. Same specs for £70 less.

See, if you'd bought a MacBook Air you could've done it wirelessly via any other PC or Mac :D

*runs*

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE FOR ILLEGAL PURPOSES (IE. PROGRAMS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE LICENCES!) This guide does not circumvent any copy protection methods such as securom, etc.

This is a guide for making ISO's in Windows

Programs needed (all freeware, no need for licences):

Daemon Tools 3.47 (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php)

InfraRecorder (http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/)

Equipment needed:

1. Computer with Windows OS and optical drive.

2. Wind

3. Network connection between computers/usb hdd/flash key with enough capacity

Workflow:

1. Install InfraRecorder to computer no. 1

2. Insert optical media to computer no. 1 optical tray, then close tray.

3. Start InfraRecorder and go to ACTIONS menu => COPY DISC => TO A DISK IMAGE...

4. Choose the optical drive where you inserted the optical media as a source, press ...-button and input image name. Press OK to start image writing process.

5. Copy the image to Wind with any of the three mentioned ways.

6. Install Daemon Tools 3.47 to Wind.

7. Mount created ISO-image with daemon tools.

8. Begin installation process from mounted image.

Source - http://forums.msiwind.net/external-devices/using-optical-media-without-optical-drive-msi-wind-t552.html

There you go, save your grand and spend it on wine gums :)