We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

clutch help

meds291

i tried searching but didn't find much. anyways, im having some trouble using the clutch + manual gearbox. i have the clutch set as one of the triggers on my controller. i engage the clutch, put the car in gear. but as soon as i touch the accelerator the car stalls, im not even releasing the clutch. if i set the clutch on a regular button, i can get in gear and drive the car, but i basically have to dump the clutch for anything to happen. can anybody help me with this? it's quite annoying.

I mapped one of my wheels button as the clutch and turned off Auto-Clutch. I'm not experiencing the issue you are with the triggers on your controllers. Even releasing the clutch I only need to give it a little gas to stop from bogging. I suppose if I had a third petal I probably wouldn't even need to give it some gas.

Holding the button in though I can row through the gears and lay on the accelerator all I want.

All I can recommend is to look at re/actions of your controller's buttons in Game Controller's Properties. Maybe when you go to depress your accelerator axis/button it causes the clutch to engage the drive train, if only for a moment, bogging the engine?

Any one else?

This happens to me with my G25

it only happens for me when im stoped and am pulling out ..

what you do is you push the accelerater a tiny tiny bit and push the clutch .. and move the gears up nice and smooth and roll out ;)

when your driving you can just change gear like normal .. foot of acc - clutch - gear - acc

hope this fixes your prob

~Focus

This happens to me with my G25

it only happens for me when im stoped and am pulling out ..

what you do is you push the accelerater a tiny tiny bit and push the clutch .. and move the gears up nice and smooth and roll out ;)

when your driving you can just change gear like normal .. foot of acc - clutch - gear - acc

hope this fixes your prob

~Focus

In real life you don't even need to touch the gas to get the car going. Just let off the clutch - and off you go. I can even change gears without using the clutch or grinding gears - it just that you need to know how to do it.