We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

VIDEO: How to do a U-Turn, Saudi style

Nodz86

VIDEO: How to do a U-Turn, Dubai style

Posted Aug 7th 2008 3:57PM by Jonathon Ramsey

Filed under: Etc., Videos

dubai_uturn.jpg

Click above to view video after the jump

Just in time for the Olympics, we have this entrant from Dubai who apparently didn't make the team for the U-turn competition was left at home to practice his talent in the streets. In diving across four lanes of traffic from a dedicated right turn lane, he gets points for elements of surprise, style, distance, grace, and follow through. We give him and his Ferrari F430 a 9.3. Follow the jump to see the video. And can anyone tell us, do they even have traffic police in Dubai? Thanks for the tip, J.D.!

Correction: We've been told from a number of readers that the location of the video above is in fact not Dubai, but Saudi Arabia.

[source: Live Leak]

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=038_1215277466

And can anyone tell us, do they even have traffic police in Dubai?

I know its not Dubai...

but having driven in the UAE for the past week (Abu Dhabi/ Dubai/ Ras Al Khaimah... etc) that kind of thing goes on all the time! Often by the police themselves. I've met someone who was pulled over for not wearing his belt, by a cop who was not wearing his own belt!

On the main 'dual carriageways' , there are uturn spots like that at the lights and randomly along the central reservation. the only way do get out 'safely' is to gun it... seriously. While it might look real fun, it also damn scary, because you don't really ever know who's doing what.

I was driving at 140kph on the highway from Abu Dhabi to Dubai the other day and was cut up from both sides, by 2 cars going for the same lane. They just missed me and drove next to each other without a foot between them for about a minute.

As soon as i can I'm buying a big 4x4...