We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Legendary

Eudemon

Anyone heard of this? I got it through the door yesterday and have jumped into the deep end with it on the Hard difficulty and man is it difficult!! It is almost too hard at the start in fact and isn't the kind of game that helps you in letting you know what to do but despite this and the unfortunate frustration and utter dismay I was having with this game at the start, I now have to say that this game

KICKS ASS!!!

There is so much action going on at times that it's overwhelming, this is like Smash TV, Soldier of Fortune, CoD4 and does anyone remember the name of that game on the PS1 where you walked around killing creatures like werewolves and such... Nightmare something, well yeah it's like that! This is full on blast the hell out of anything you see and don't stop shooting until it's head is blown off. It is a game you will love to hate as it's learning curve is damn near self harming but persevere and don't always head for the waypoint first and you'll get through it slowly but surely. I'm sure the game is more forgiving on normal anyway but hey I'm a glutton for punishment. :D

Now onto what this thing is about, basically the story goes, man hires man, man tries to steal box, man activates box, box activates man, box activates mythical creatures intent on ripping you and the human race inside out. And if you thought that was enough well nope, you see the man who hired you well he doesn't like you and sends his soldiers to get you so there you are getting attacked by a werewolf or a fire monster and then bullets are heading towards you also. Cool to see though that these guys are not impervious to these monsters and you will find yourself shooting at all manners of stuff while a mental scenario ensues, you might be shooting at an enemy soldier only for a monster to appear and take him down before you do.

Now I am not much into the story but after that damn subway section this game is raw fun and insane, on Hard it is very difficult and the AI are not stupid especially the soldiers who find cover and then flank you, sneaky and annoying but myself personally laugh when the little buggers get me this way.

I have now also met up with this woman and on being attacked she calls in some of her friends and these guys are soldiers who are fighting with me!! YAY, alright I'll keep this upto date with my progress and avoid or highlight potential spoilers.

PEACE!! :)

PS A tip for you guys at the start, use the Axe on the Fire monsters not your gun and also let a couple of trains take them out then the firepit will go out.

[GAMEPLAY VIDEOS] (newest at the top)

Episode 5 - The Cathedral Pt 2

HQ Version (recommended)

Episode 5 - The Cathedral

HQ Version (recommended)

Meet the Minotaur

HQ Version (recommended)

Episode 5 Start Battle

HQ Version (recommended)

Episode 4 Good Battle

HQ version (recommended)

Previous Videos

[Legendary - Axe vs Alpha Werewolf]

[Legendary - Episode 4]

[Legendary - Episode 3 The Golem]

Sorry buddy but I am playing it on Hard and damn is it hard, the part I'm at now I just keep getting mauled. It's very good game though, just a shame the reviews look to be going south for some reason.

Once you're past the first part of the subway this game just explodes in craziness. Also it's brilliant watching the monsters fight each other but also "oh crap" when one dies and then you're next!! :eek:

Thing is the comments people are just sheep and follow what the reviewer says and that's fine in itself but we now seem to be a point where a game can be hyped for ages and I don't know what constitutes a good review anymore, is it how much you pay the site in adspace, is it how much you pay in something else or is it just that games are expected to no longer try new things and if they don't follow the route of whatever is popular then it gets shot down.

I feel sorry for the developers to be honest.

" Looks like the Wolf got everyone else, guess me and you are the lucky ones. "

By saying that, you can tell he was going to get owned lol :) Nice video

Bet you shat your load when that dead body slid down on top of you at 2:20 or so.

What is the plot of the game? Time based?

What are you, look human, but your left hand is like magical? You collect like spiritual fire thing of dead bodies and looks like you use it to heal yourself?

The story of this game is actually pretty good. You have been hired by some rich eccentric collector who wants you to steal Pandoras Box, when you find the box you place the key you have been given into it but it traps your arm and pierces it and also imprints that mark on your hand. You get your arm back afterwards and then the box explodes into (after)life in unlocking some hells gate or something unleashing all of these mythical creatures upon the earth.

Your arm is a weapon, an energy source and a means of healing you as you have seen. When you kill a monster you can absorb it's energy either to heal or give you a means of slowing down or showing enemies so they can be taken out. Werewolves need to have their heads blown off to die otherwise they just keep coming at you. Nari are little ghosts that sound like children who can fly through things and possess objects (vending machine death remember?) but when they become solid they have razor sharp arms or legs and will cut you open like nothing. You can make them solid when they are ghosts though by firing a blast of your Animus energy from your hand. It also stuns other monsters for only a short time and will also have some creatures release you when hit with an Animus blast.

You heal yourself in this way too, you draw power from the arm to heal yourself though realise you can't do whenever you want, you have to have a sort of stock of hidden energy to do this. Prime example is when I just manage to kill that Alpha Werewolf, my health is low but then I absorb it's energy taking me up a small bit in the gauge itself but I can then draw this energy fully to completely heal myself. It's a good system though it can get very treacherous trying to heal yourself while a bunch of them are around you. :D

... oh and yeah did you see how many shots I shot off when that body fell, wasn't expecting that for sure!

Here's a capture of the Nari in solid form, the blue is when they are like ghosts and it looks like it's their legs that are the weapons. These things are creepy due to they sound and giggle like children.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (xs.to) --

From what I've seen it's multiplayer also and as far as I know the monsters are online with you too. I'll probably give it a shot after I've done the single player story. I'm about 15-16 hours in and I think I'm just getting to halfway point. Then again I am playing on Hard but my god it's fun!

And yeah it's on all current gen and PC. (360, PS3 and PC)

16 hours in :o Nice! It's a long single Player game then, I hate all these new games, you can complete them so fast it's not even fun! Finish games in less than 10 hours on Single Player useless.

You're playing on an Xbox? How do you upload videos and stuff and screenshots? I've asked before but don't think you saw my post.

Yeah it would make things a lot easier I guess though tbh being Microsoft they'd probably find some way of making everything proprietary and having to be paid for.

BTW remember what I was saying about the way this game basically throws a whole load of monsters at you? Well .....

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (xs.to) --