We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fable 2: Opinions

Speed

I've seen a few old threads about this game, but nothing since its release so made this one to get your opinions.

Saw the advert on TV and it looked pretty interesting so I was just wondering if it's any good.

All opinions appreciated.

Excellent game. It's really fun single player and it's easy to pick up and play with intuitive controls. The multiplayer is alright, however the fixed camera angle makes it a bit of a hassle but that could well be fixed in an update. The story is a little short but the world is pretty big and there are plenty of side missions to get stuck into.

Only things to critisise in my opinion were that the game was short and prone to random freezing (although this only happened to me twice I hear from others that it can happen far more often).

All in all it's a great game, worth the money without question.

It's a great game, been playing it way too much

very easy to get into ... not too sure how to describe it ... but then I've never played Fable ... it's not an RPG like Oblivion/Fallout3 or the FF series, more like Tomb Raider really in it's play style but with RPG elements I guess

combat is great ... the single button thingy works a treat

the story is very good (what I've done of it so far)

the whole thing can be as involved or as removed as you want, as in lots of little bits to play with if you can be bothered, as in houses, families, clothing dyes ... lots of stuff

Oh and lots of amazing British humour ... just to give you a hint at what the humour is like when you play the game read what the warrants say on them when your a kid.

BUY IT

yeah your welcome to join me in co-op, you need to be an adult first though as co-oping between an adult and a kid is a 'bit' buggy ... rumoured to wipe the adult character sometimes ... done a bit with Notorious ... he helped me out with a decent weapon and some cash

could do the same for you if you come to my world for a bit as my character now earns a few grand every five minutes from all the properties she owns ... you even earn money while your xbox is turned off as it uses the internal clock of the 360!

you even earn money while your xbox is turned off as it uses the internal clock of the 360!

You can also manipulate the system if you so desire. I think my character rakes in about 15k every few minutes and I haven't played it in a week so there should be a nice sum waiting for me next time.

Right finnaly got the game.

Few thing, the fighting i'm not that impressed with but I think it will get better as the game goes on, Its all a bit 'can only do one thing' kind of fighter.

Can't work out the co-op but haven't tried that hard, just came up as an orb thing.

Graphics are stunning though, story is great (begining is a bit cheesy :) ) and the whole thing looks huge. Need to play it way more to get a proper idea of the game but looks good.

Quick question though, what can you do on Live?

Yes you learn more melee weapon moves as your xp increases (if you use it that way ... brutal styles I think) and with the ranged weapons (pistols/crossbows/rifles) you get targeting at higher xp

the orbs are other players ... you walk up to an orb and you can interact, either just chat or join their world of they join yours. Unforunately you can't take your hero to another world ... if you join another players world you join as a henchman/woman which you have a few selections in terms of look and weapons. The host then assigns how much xp and money as a percentage the henchman will get. This includes money you make from houses and shops so can be a very good way of giving friends cash. Oh also you can gift people items including weapons. And as far as I'm aware it's the full on game in co-op where you can join them on the story quests, although I'm not entirely sure as when me and Notorious did it we just went on a wander and a killing spree.

Oh and different peoples worlds might be different depending upon the choices they made at various points in the game.

I am so torn about getting this, as I want Mirror's Edge (Which I have played, and loved) too. Although I also loved the original Fable all those years ago.

Hybrid you haven't played the original Fable?

Does this still have the option between being good and evil? (I had 2 saves on Fable 1, an evil one with devil horns and all that, and a good one with a h.a.l.o loool). (Why the hell is the word H A L O censored????? LMFAO)

Also, you said "pistols" in a post above, is this pistols as in "handguns" or what?

What era (timewise, 1923 for example) is this game set in?

Is it a follow on from the original story or an entirely new story altogether? (How it could be a direct follow on is beyond me because of what happens in the first, I won't say incase you guys go back to play it).

Many questions I know, but I appreciate any answers, even if they are yes or no answers. Thanks.

Nipper;122166']

Also, you said "pistols" in a post above, is this pistols as in "handguns" or what?

Is it a follow on from the original story or an entirely new story altogether? (How it could be a direct follow on is beyond me because of what happens in the first, I won't say incase you guys go back to play it).

Pistols as in hand guns, yes. Makes for quite interesting combos tbh, couple of hits with a mace/ katana, then roll away and bring out the shotgun Lol.

No idea what era, but I'd hazard a guess at it being in fantasy land :p Elements of Victorian England, but apart from that, I can't think of anything else.

Not played the first Fable, but by how it starts I'd say it's probably not a follow on.

Hope that was some help :)

Edit: For some reason I deleted the quote bit about good and evil, but yeah, you can choose which way you want to go. Good/ Evil and also Pure/Corrupt.

Nipper;122166']I am so torn about getting this, as I want Mirror's Edge (Which I have played, and loved) too. Although I also loved the original Fable all those years ago.

Hybrid you haven't played the original Fable?

Does this still have the option between being good and evil? (I had 2 saves on Fable 1, an evil one with devil horns and all that, and a good one with a h.a.l.o loool). (Why the hell is the word H A L O censored????? LMFAO)

Many questions I know, but I appreciate any answers, even if they are yes or no answers. Thanks.

Nipper I was a SONY boy with playstations (all bought at launch day) ... it was just Sonys fault that the PS3 was delayed and then my ps2 drive died on me and some game called TDU was announced for the 360 ... so I became a convert.

So I haven't played Fable ...

Fable 2 is set 500 years after Fable and does sort of follow on ... read the tales of albion on the lionhead site as that will give you all the back story ... the easiest way of describing the era is Dick Turpin (so 1600-1700 sort of time) with early guns, however they have 'stretched' technology so you have clockwork weapons allowing reasonably quick fire

Yes you can be good or evil, pure or corrupt, attractive or pig ugly, thin or fat, muscle bound or not ... lots of character morphs ... also decisions you make change the world you live in, but I won't spoli that ... my character is a 100% good and pure very tall (developing skill i.e. ranged weapons/guns makes you taller), just trying to make her thinner at the moment, eaten too many pies (literally) ... my next character I'm going to go evil and corrupt ... supposedly you can get the horned beast on the box as a morph!

hope that answers everything

yeah my first charater is a woman. the worst bit is she's a bit of a looker so I've got an endless stream of men and women (yes there are gay men and women in Albion!) following her around

my second character will be a bloke and evil and also I'll make him stong ... unfortunately adding strength give muscles which makes the female character look like someone who's taken way too much testostorone (I know i can't spell)