We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I need some technical assistance please

Tysmyster

Hello all,

The other day, when I decided to fire up TDU, I ran into some trouble.

The game started up, showed me the intro clips, I hit enter, it goes to the loading screen with the red GT40 and then, when it goes to the main menu, the screen starts to flash like I am constantly holding down alt-tab or something. I see a black windowed TDU which is flashing and I see windows in the background. The game is at this point still running because I can hear the menu sounds when I move up and down or press enter. As soon as I press enter though, the game will crash completely and close down. It almost looks like the video resolution is not supported.

So, I figured I'd take out my savefiles so TDU would start freshly and have me make a new profile. This worked, the game started up as it was supposed to and everything worked fine.

I then put my savegame back in but the same problem started happening again.

I suspect that the problem might be the resolution that the profile is set to (although I have no idea how it would have changed) is not supported or something and causes this to happen. Problem is that I can't access the game and change the resolution from within the game menus. That's why I was wondering if you guys, with all your knowledge of the TDU files, might know if there's a way to change the resolution outside of the game.

I would really hate to have to give up my profile which has so many hours in it.

I hope you guys can help me out on this, I really don't want to start over again, I always drive in HC mode so with a new profile it will take me forever to get to the required level again.

Thanks for reading.

maybe, you could remember the step, step by step, how to reach to the resolution, ( with the new profile) and then how many times you need to press left key, to reach a resolution like 800x600, all this using the keyboard, so, i recommend toput the laser of the mouse upside, with that way you could try using the keyboard and reaching to go there and change the resolution.

And outside there is a solution, but i dont remember too much, i think that you need to change some numbers ( that are of resolution) in the .exe file of the TDU, but i dont remember too much >.<

And there is another one ( that i found), is going to the .exe file of the TDU, then left click and then Proprieties, then upthere go to COmpatibility, and Tick one it says Run with a resolution of 640 x 480, then ( i think) you go inside the game and thengo to options and change the resolution to a lower one, after that, go to proprieties one more, and disactivate the Run with 640 x 480, and maybe will you with the resolution that you put inside ( the lower resolution one).

I dont anything more about that, just try those and good luck! ^^

I've had the same problem with my old profile. I didn't know the solution then but later some1 came out with a simple trick. Try reinstalling display driver, updating it or even reverting it to an older version. This will automatically set TDU display resolution to default.

also....u can add +W after the command line in desktop start-up icon. This will open the game in windowed mode, with the default resolution. Then u can set the settings as u wish. It won't be changed immediately, but next time u start the game in full screen mode u should be fine....

Thank you guys for your swift responses. I first tried the compatibilty tab to run it in 640x480 mode but the problem persisted.

Then I tried to add -w to the command line and starting up in a window helped to get rid of the problem! I went to video settings but the resolution was set to what it was supposed to be. All the graphic settings had reverted to default though. That was probably because I updated my graphics drivers to the latest version recently.

I think all it needed was a healthy startup, because after closing TDU down again, I was able to start the game using my own profile, in full screen mode, without any problems.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Now to try out some of these mods you have here! :D