We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Overritten Profile!!!! DAMIT!!!

SergeBMW

Well I just found out that my little brother wanted to make a new profile EVEN THOUGH he already had one, and #*$)% he was on mine and clicked NEW GAME, so basicly, all those months of hard driving and all went to SH#*

JUST GONE, which really pissed me off.

So I came here to ask if there was a way to restore the profile before it was changed? I heard something like that on Vista, where you can restore edited files or something like that.

Please help!

Need to fidn out if it was offline or online...

But dude thats sucks did you slap him?

I would of slaped him i know how it feels i plyed 48 % Of Offline

and formated my comp without making a back up

Really does suck when you have a nice collection of cars and cash.

As for the backup on vista it has to be somewhere on your HDD Look in here

Documents -> Test Drive Unlimited -> Profiles See whats in there

If not try a system restore and see if it brings back your profile insted of the knew one

Hope this kinda helped.

________

FFM VIDEOS

Sorry for the late reply,

Well it was an online profile and I was like 57% done and with great cars, the latest backup of the game was at like 47% which really sucks BALLS!!!

Well for the Vista file restore thing, is there a way to restore a single file? I know the actual profile is in the My Documents folder but idk how to restore that file, I have had too many things done since this happend and I wouldnt like to restore the entire computer

If theres nothing else, ill just go and replace it with the older backup :( From now on, I will back it up everytime I get a new car or accomplish something.

AND I GOT SOOOOO pissed at my brotehr that I didnt let him go back on lol

Sorry for the late reply,

Well it was an online profile and I was like 57% done and with great cars, the latest backup of the game was at like 47% which really sucks BALLS!!!

Well for the Vista file restore thing, is there a way to restore a single file? I know the actual profile is in the My Documents folder but idk how to restore that file, I have had too many things done since this happend and I wouldnt like to restore the entire computer

If theres nothing else, ill just go and replace it with the older backup :( From now on, I will back it up everytime I get a new car or accomplish something.

AND I GOT SOOOOO pissed at my brotehr that I didnt let him go back on lol

Nope, I don't think there is anything else you can do. Sorry. :( Me thinks system restores only mess with the registry and stuff like that, they don't alter your personal files. However, be glad you had a back-up at all. You might have ended up re-doing the entire game. That would suck.

WELL!!! GOod news, I happend to have a backup that was only 1 month old and its basicaly the same, except for 2 cars that I dont have.

I did also find out how to restore files on Vista, just go to the folder, right click and click Restore PRevious Versions. I think they only last for a week, you could probably change this though in some options.