We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Upgrading PC Crumpets!

The Queen

SLRRR, there's no need for a 280GTX or any of the 200 series cards at the moment. Sure, they're great, but there are pretty much no games an 8800GT or X1950

I just said that because that's one off the best you can compare that one to the 4870. But a 8800 GT can run crysis very high with high resolutions ?

But anyway he doesnt upgrade his graphiqs card.

Those parts look good :D

I'm annoyed that I can't run GTA IV at all without lag so I think it's time to upgrade. Honestly my processor really sucks even with games like Far Cry at times ;)

GTA IV isn't optimized its just released because off christmas. But yes your processor isn't that good.

So you won't like hearing that it'll still lag with this upgrade then? ;)

GTA IV doesn't lag on mine. And on many rigs.

Alright, it doesn't have full (draw distance has been reduced) (even though it's set to it), but with a 1gb GPU (fits this budget just), it should be fine. Not on Max, but that's what the developers did. Futureproof'ed it.

GTA IV isn't optimized its just released because off christmas. But yes your processor isn't that good.
Hopefully the patch makes it more optomised =) (next few days) Originally set for today.

Right, i'm nearly ready to order as i'm going to do it tonight or tomorrow. I will put a list of what i'm going to order and if there is anything that could be better then feel free to let me know!

The current list stands as :

1 x 620w Corsair HX Series Modular SLR Power Supply Unit

1 x 4GB Corsair (2x2GB) TwinX XMS2 DDR2 800mhz

1 x Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 S775 2.83 GHz

1 x Asus P5N72-T Premium 780i

1 x Asus Triton 78 Gaming CPU Cooler

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/TheScottishSpotter/ScanBasket2-1.png

Larger --> http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/TheScottishSpotter/?action=view&current=ScanBasket1.png