We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

No Steve Jobs keynote at next Macworld Expo

DriftNismo

Guest RB26DETT

yeah i've heard this before. shame though, he presents new products in a really interesting way.

*crosses fingers for a quad core iMac*

Just had confirmation earlier today that it's nothing to due with Steve Jobs' health, he just decided to spend time with his family instead of attend Macworld this year. And his recent weight loss is nothing bad, it's just a small issue that is reversible, so he's fine :).

Guest RB26DETT

He's got hormone imbalance and still be continuing his position as CEO for Apple.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7811857.stm

letter from steve jobs:

January 5, 2009

Letter from Apple CEO Steve Jobs

Dear Apple Community,

For the first time in a decade, I’m getting to spend the holiday season with my family, rather than intensely preparing for a Macworld keynote.

Unfortunately, my decision to have Phil deliver the Macworld keynote set off another flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed.

I’ve decided to share something very personal with the Apple community so that we can all relax and enjoy the show tomorrow.

As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008. The reason has been a mystery to me and my doctors. A few weeks ago, I decided that getting to the root cause of this and reversing it needed to become my #1 priority.

Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the cause—a hormone imbalance that has been “robbing” me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy. Sophisticated blood tests have confirmed this diagnosis.

The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward, and I’ve already begun treatment. But, just like I didn’t lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this Spring to regain it. I will continue as Apple’s CEO during my recovery.

I have given more than my all to Apple for the past 11 years now. I will be the first one to step up and tell our Board of Directors if I can no longer continue to fulfill my duties as Apple’s CEO. I hope the Apple community will support me in my recovery and know that I will always put what is best for Apple first.

So now I’ve said more than I wanted to say, and all that I am going to say, about this.

- Steve Jobs

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2009/01/05sjletter.html

OMG OMG OMG! IT'S TODAY! *giggles like Jeremy Clarkson*

Yeah, it went down earlier after someone kept getting in their feed and typing stupid stuff. I've just been listening to an audio feed, whilst looking at the Gizmodo Liveblog for it, and this is the new stuff: 17" new MacBook Pro with 8 hours battery life, 9400m & 9600m GT (256mb), up to 8GB RAM, up to 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duos, new iWork, new iLife, all songs on iTunes DRM-free soon, iTunes available on 3G on iPhone 3G. We were treated to two songs sung by Tony Bennett live to end the keynote also.

So that's it. No new iMac, no iPhone Nano, no new Mac Mini, no new iPhone updates, no OS X 10.6 SnowLeopard, that's about it, no surprises. The famous "one last thing" was iTunes being on 3G.