We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to change cars names?

Shy Guy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit : This method is kept for historical reasons. But do not use it anymore as Modding Tools have evolved since then (use Vehicle Manager instead).

Well,

here is a quick&dirty tuto to manually change brand names before Modding Tools will handle it easily (planned for next version).

1. Open File Browser.

2. Make a backup of your Database DB_xx.bnk file (where xx is your language code - FR = french, US = english , ...).

3. In your BNK_xx.bnk file contents, select the packed file: TDU_brands.xx (again, xx is your language code) then click on Edit button.

4. You'll see 2 new windows to appear. Let's go to the Database Editor window (the biggest one). Brands DB contents should be displayed.

5. In the list, check for brand names - names to modify are likely the ones between #81 and #140. I can't guarantee, yet.

6. Double click on the brand name to change, for example Wiesmann. In the entry editor, change ONLY the name, not the number. Ensure "keep original file size" is UNchecked. Finally click on OK to save.

7. After names are changed, go to the other window (Edit Tasks).

8. Click on settings button, then set the replace method to 'enlarge/reduce' if not already set. OK.

9. Check the task in the list then click on Apply button.

10. Don't forget to get a magic Map if you haven't installed it already.

Enjoy !

Well,

here is a quick&dirty tuto to manually change brand names before Modding Tools will handle it easily (planned for next version).

1. Open File Browser.

2. Make a backup of your Database DB_xx.bnk file (where xx is your language code - FR = french, US = english , ...).

3. In your BNK_xx.bnk file contents, select the packed file: TDU_brands.xx (again, xx is your language code) then click on Edit button.

4. You'll see 2 new windows to appear. Let's go to the Database Editor window (the biggest one). Brands DB contents should be displayed.

5. In the list, check for brand names - names to modify are likely the ones between #81 and #140. I can't guarantee, yet.

6. Double click on the brand name to change, for example Wiesmann. In the entry editor, change ONLY the name, not the number. Ensure "keep original file size" is UNchecked. Finally click on OK to save.

7. After names are changed, go to the other window (Edit Tasks).

8. Click on settings button, then set the replace method to 'enlarge/reduce' if not already set. OK.

9. Check the task in the list then click on Apply button.

10. Don't forget to get a magic Map if you haven't installed it already.

Enjoy !

Thx, but how can u change the model of the car?

thx, but after changing y does it have no different? I've tried changing all coupe to LP640, and tried to change the Murcielago to LP640 but it don't seems to work.:confused:

Thanks Djey! =D +Rep

btw I have the 1.5 Modding tool, the 1.6 DL link is all in French which gives me a headache :S

Edit: I rename the thing, it says that there are currently 1 edit task(after I did the apply) should I close it or do I have to do something

If you want Porsche Carrera GT (you changed "Farboud" for "Porsche"?), change "Supercharged GTS" for "Carrera", and "Prototype 2005" for "GT" ;)

In CarPhysicsData # of "Supercharged GTS" is 1007, and "Prototype 2005" 1160 :)

I already did that, but I need to know the Wiesmann Roadster MF4, the number of the "Roadster" in there, because I have a Wiesmann Roadster Roadster(supposed to be BMW Z4 Roadster)... and the problem is that every time I do it(after these steps btw) most of the time's it doesn't save.

Hi every1,

I tried to change those things as you explained it. It even sais "entry successfully modified. DB file saved."

But when I close it and re-open it nothing was saved and I have the old data in it. => in the game everything stays as it was.

I also tried to change the settings, so that the FPS counter would be shown ingame. When I open the DB again this setting is reset to the default entry.

Is there any other way to really save the changes??

edit: sorry, I made a little mistake. Works now!

Apart from The Lamborghini Gallardo SE and the McLaren F1 LM

anyone now what else I have to change for them ?? I changed the SE on number 1139 for LP 560 but it still shows SE in the game!

Well maple, to tell you the truth I tried changing the Gallardo SE to Gallardo LP560-4, I modded the file and saw no result, the same thing happened with the 250 GTO --> 365 GTB4 Daytona Coupe and Wiesmann --> BMW and I can't find the "Roadster" name of the Wiesmann

Warning ! Depending on which TDU version you own, the #line numbers could be different (1.45, 1.66 without megapack, 1.66 with megapack) ... as Db files are modified during patching.

It would be more accurate to give the long numbers, as they are likely to remain the same among multiple versions ;)

Thanks for the Roadster data anyway, I will update reference table.

Warning ! Depending on which TDU version you own, the #line numbers could be different (1.45, 1.66 without megapack, 1.66 with megapack) ... as Db files are modified during patching.

It would be more accurate to give the long numbers, as they are likely to remain the same among multiple versions ;)

Thanks for the Roadster data anyway, I will update reference table.

thx, I wanna change my Mur Coupe to LP640 SV, which value should I change? I'm using the mega pack