We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Will I get the Red Ring of Death if I do this????

CarboyZR1

I was thinking about relocating my Xbox for my leg room and just in case if someone kicks it. If I place it under my desk to the left of my Xbox, will it get the RROD of death at all?

-photo-

Sorry for low quality: camera phone

Why would you get it ? And if you should get it at any time, microsoft repairs it for free (if you have guarantee)

It looks like there is enough airflow around that area. Just make sure you do the following;

Avoid placing it on carpet, place it on a little bit of wood or similar to raise it off the carpet.

Make sure the area around it is never clogged up during playing sessions.

Try to hoover the area often as dust can collect itself in areas like that.

Other than that it should be fine.

You could also buy a cooler

You don't own a 360 and it shows ;). The coolers often do nothing at all or in some cases do more harm than good.

Nipper's advice was good, place it on something. MS technicians have been heard to say that the console vents better stood up than lying down but you don't really have an option here.

What you've shown in the picture above is alright but if I was you I'd find something more substantial when you can. Just a piece of wood/plastic like a chopping board or something will suffice. The air flow around the 360 looks adequate under there.

Well, if you pick your 360 up you will see it has little feet in the corners to create a gap for air flow. The book doesn't meet the corners of the xbox so the vents are sitting right on the book, thus stopping air flow. If you could get something big enough for the feet to sit on too you'd be sorted. :)

Sorry to be so difficult I'm just trying to advise best I can.

You don't own a 360 and it shows ;). The coolers often do nothing at all or in some cases do more harm than good.

He's right. I have a PS3 Fan & it does Jack all at cooling the PS3 any better.

Ignore my wallpaper lol my room is in desperate need of a makeover.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

He's right. I have a PS3 Fan & it does Jack all at cooling the PS3 any better.

Ignore my wallpaper lol my room is in desperate need of a makeover.

LOLOLOLOLOL Mr. PS3 man, "Lions and Tigers and [TDU], oh my!"

Thank you all for your help and I have got it all set now. Thank you.

Nipper's advice was good, place it on something. MS technicians have been heard to say that the console vents better stood up than lying down but you don't really have an option here.

What you've shown in the picture above is alright but if I was you I'd find something more substantial when you can. Just a piece of wood/plastic like a chopping board or something will suffice. The air flow around the 360 looks adequate under there.

Yea, i just wanted to help but the fan doesnt to seem any good i understand.

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI - my and my husband have been through 4 360's lol. No matter what ** if you got the warranty or not** xbox will ALWAYS repair RROD. They have it. Its the ONLY thing they will repair for free. Trust me - we have gone round and round with xbox techs on the phone lol. They are not a fan of my husband lol.