We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sound Problems

TDUZoqqer

Hey guys :)

I've tried

-to make a Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 Sound

-to make german Police sirens

I've tried the Bugatti Sound: the result was, nothing except an making crazy rush, and by the sirens was everytime on the begin a sound, like tuning_radio.wav.

Please please help :(

PS: Programms what i used: Audacity

Zoqqer/playa :D

When you said "the result was: nothing, except an making crazy rush".

I took that as meaning nothing=silence. Am I correct ?

If so, the silence might well be due to the format.

Most programs will, by default, save/export wav files as PCM.

ADPCM is a lossy compressed format, not used as default by any program I've ever used, in fact my wav editor cautioned me to backup the original file before saving to a lossy format.

If the rushing sound starts at around 7000rpm, maybe it's a charger/turbo sound ?

Ok I downloaded and installed Audacity to have a look.

Try this:

1. Open "Edit/Preferences"

2. Now click the "File Formats" tab.

3. In the drop-down-box labeled "Uncompressed Export Format" choose: "Other" (the one at the bottom)

4. Leave the "Header" as is (Micro WAVE) :drool:

5. In the drop-down-box labeled "Encoding" choose: Weirdosoft ADPCM. :monkeydance:

That should do it, if not I found a free no trial limitation period version of Sound Forge --> http://www.download.com/Sound-Forge/3000-2170_4-8145510.html

Daniel

If you mean Audacity in English then here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

If you mean that, the other link isn't working then... :confused:

Well, I wanna help, but it seems somebody have gone completely out of their way to remove all traces of the free versions of both Sound Forge and Cool Edit :stinks: (before they were bought up by Sony and Adobe respectively).

I still have an old version of CoolEdit '96, I just tried launching it for nostalgia's own sweet sake :excited: and to my great surprise, it actually saves ADPCM without the added "loop data" at the end.

Something I can't seem to get newer software to do :confused: someone please teach me :imwithstupid: pwetty please.

It's freeware/shareware so I could just upload it to SendSpace or whatever, but many sites and forums, have taken it upon themselves to censure freeware/shareware, for fear of harassment and/or treats from - name your own cyber-bully.

I don't want to put TDU Central and the admins thereof in a fight they didn't ask to be in, even if it be on the side of Right.

Hope you get Audacity working. :) else, ask an admin about their policy on linking to shareware uploads.