We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Smokey And The Bandit (Trans Am)

Duns_Inc

My first official attempt at an engine sound mod, so do feel free to laud me with praises and tickle my ears with pleasing words. :D

No really, I hate flattery. Just say your piece, I can take it. :crying:

There are 2 versions, both made from sctrach but somehow ended up sounding alike :confused: perhaps because I was deliberately going in the same direction.

There's some occasional issues, but listening to other TransAm mods, I get the feeling that they're inherent to the car - ie. tends to "cut" the sounds very sharply when letting off the gas at certain RPMs - around 4000-4500rpm - this is more pronounced in the "drivers seat" view than the other views, especially if your windows (not MS) are closed.

The sound(s) are not really FireBird sounds, but more an attempt to capture the sound and feel of the Trans Am from Smokey And The Bandit - allthough in the movie it doesn't really have ONE sound but several.

Sometimes it will be a dry medium-high pitch sound and at other times, deep and roaring! Movies, go figure. :D

I tried to reproduce the deep roaring in Version 1.

In version 2 I couldn't decide. :drool:

Man coffee makes you write alot, here - both versions in one file.

And Mp3 soundbites only, cause I drive like crap :cheeky: and I'm not signing up for anything - ever again - dang those pharmaceutical mailing lists. :nuts:

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2fl5ha

Sound Preview V1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0c4o98

Sound Preview V2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/u384w5

Great! at this rate I have installed mods on over 3/4 of the cars in the game.

Its finally starting to come together, thanx to modders!

If this keeps up it might be possible to have the entire car sounds re-mapped within a month or two.

Will try these out tonight, from what I heard I am leanin toward #2.

Keep em comin'!:thumbsup:

V12's? 512,575,612 maybe.....:D

I tryed this mod out last night and although its good I felt the high end revs were not quite there. So I replaced firebird onhigh.wav with the same from another TRANS AM recent sound mod and it seems to get the higher rev sounds it deserves. Even tho the Firebird tops out at 4500/5000 rpm's.

The downside with my replacing the wav is the slight loss of the bass when the car hits the high end revs, but not unlike the radical mod I have on my Mustang GTR Concept. It too is bass heavy and loses some of it on the high end, but not unlike a real car.

So it fits better now IMO.

If interested I used version 2.

Don't take this as critisism or complaint, I really appreciate your work on these sound mods and keep it up.

I am just happy to customize it to my liking. Its because of your efforts I can customize like this.:thumbsup:

I have dome a similar trade out on the sound mods for my GTO & Z06 sounds by changing the idle.wav's with a old school muscle car sound.

Game is starting to sound really good now!

None taken :D I'm quite aware of what you're saying.

But I think you also answered it yourself, it tops out at 4500-5000.

Still a real FireBird is of significantly higher pitch despite the low rpm.

I deliberately went for the low roaring and felt that coupling this with high pitch revving would sound, I don't know, weird ? :D but I'm glad you got it the way you like it.

Kind of why you use mods eh ! I too have swapped and mixed up parts.

Cheers

Daniel