We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Replacing files into BNK, Help Needed!

akeris

hi

could sombody please give me some help becasue im having a problem when usuing the mod tools.

basicly i wanted to change the name of a few cars (to match model mods i have downloaded) and i can extract the correct BNK files and ajust the names using the wizard fine however when i try to replace these files it comes up with an error message saying "Access to path 'C:\program files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase\DB_US.bnk is denied"

i mean i've probably done/not done somthing really small, basic and silly but help would be appriciated none the less

:imwithstupid:

Hi,

to solve this, please try to run TDU Modding Tools as administrator (right click on TDU Modding Tools executable to see corresponding option), as files operations in "Program Files" folder often need more privileges, for security reasons.

I will clear this issue for next version (1.8).

exelent thanks very much :thumbsup:

damned vista! lol

*edit*

sorry about this, but now i have ajusted the names of the few cars i wanted to ajust TDU keeps crashing shortly before the main menu comes up

again probly somit really simple, but any ideas?

by that i assume you mean send you the TDU_Brands.us and TDU_CarPhysicsData.us that i've modified using mod tools 1.7

so here you go

just so you know the names ive ajusted are:

CCR to CCXR

C12S to F

SE to LP540/4

ok thanks :)

*edit* o sorry forgot to ad the DB_US.bnk ill put it in a second post hang on

There were too many spaces in files, after the // symbol; fixed it with a hex-editor (for advanced purposes, a space is represented by following hex values : 20 00 ). I've kept only one space.

This issues was caused by a bug into current Modding Tools. Sorry about that.

So I advise you to wait for next TDUMT version before renaming cars again (new version will be uploaded tomorrow, I have to chase this bug).

Thanks for your feedback ! And if you need to rename cars that are not supported yet, please let me know :)

• 3 years later...

Please Help!

I overwrite original DB_US.BNK file (1.68) and now i can use only a copied german version renamed to DB_US :cry:

I try to download this DB_US as the link below, but this is not compatible, so the game is crashed after thr main intro

Could someone put here a newer english language file again?

Thanks in advance. Sry for my bad English