We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

i can't play tdu online

nxidplease

ok i finnaly found a place where i can ask for help, here is my problem i have a gamespy acount i allowed tdu in the fire wall and it won't let me play online:crying: every time i try to connect it sais it couldn't connect to testdrive server and that i need to check my network settings what should i do plz help me asap(and no the server isn't down i have been trying to do this 1.5 years) help will be very thankful:thumbsup:

I can think of this little check list:

1. u own legal copy of the game with unique serial key

2. u've made an online profile (gamespy box checked on the profile creation screen)

3. when/if u installed the Megapack u entered ur Megapack serial key, not ur TDU s/k.

4. u opened all the ports on ur router needed ....try searching it here on this forum or in official Atari forums >>>http://forums.eu.atari.com/forumdisplay.php?f=280 or http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=382

5. finally, if nothing works, try replacing ur router and see if something changes

6. wait for someone else to suggest something wisely :D

can u tell me excactly wich ports do ineed to open and how do i do that? sorry i didn't notice the edit button did u need to open ports to play tdu online? i patched the game i have 1.66 btw i checked about the ports i need to open 27000->30000 UDP!!!! it's 3000 ports what should i do??? well ppl thanks for so much replays 1.i used a legal cd key 2.applicatin data is a hidden folder no? and thnx for all of the help i will try all of those tips i checked and that's the cd key i used:RLJ4-RFMH-UUDF-P7PC how am i suposed to know if it's legal or not? btw i dorgot to say i am using KERIO FIREWALL NOT WINDOWS FIREWALL!!!

replay to judasneon: i bought a copy of tdu i DONT have megapack and the cd key in the box that i bought with the game is wrong cd key that doesn't work! so i don't have my own original cd key!

Don't u worry, I don't know it either :nuts:

That's why I said u try search some 'how to' if u can be bothered with this...I couldn't ;)

If I were u I would rather borrow another router from a friend to check out if something changes

edit: nope I didn't have to do anything with my router...never had a connection problems

but as Donut said, patch issue can be added to the check list: so what's ur version: 1,45 or 1,66?

You don't need to open any ports just to connect the tdu server, port forwarding is necessary to let people join your custom race/match.

If you have ever used wrong (pirated?) CDkey you can try checking C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CDkey.txt file for the cdkey you entered OR, as QuakeDK said, delete the whole folder. Next time you enter the game it will ask you for serial code.

OK OK OK this is simple read and do everything as I say OK...........

1. Uninstall everything about TDU that includes saved games as you have to restart ya profile.

2. Install TDU and when asked for gamespy ID: enter your Nickname, E-mail and PW.

3. Enter the serial of the TDU game if you have the 1.44 like I have it dont matter put the original key in.

4. You will be asked to update, dont if you have purcheased the Megapack.

5. Install megapack and enter the Key

6. restart your system.

7. click on you game and start a fresh profile game.......

Hope this works for ya....

Rememebr where ya got this info from........... JUDASNEON

• 3 months later...
I have a pirate what suld i doo?

HELP plz

sori for english

For a start stop playing pirated games that u love. Support the ppl who make them. U will feel better for that.

I kao prvo, nemoj da nas brukaš bre ovde. O pirateriji se ne priča na ovakvim forumima...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hi...

i am new.i have bought TDU and installed it. LEGAL!.

when i try to go online it tells me to update i press OK. then it takes me to NONE.com. wtf.. i did what all of u said nothing changes i have asked TDU community they say sorry we are not the problem or some thing else like that (my email got hijaked this morning.) cant tell all they said. i returned the CD to the shop and asked for another one but still it does not work y is that?:mad::cry:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Unfortunately, you are 3 months too late. Ah well. Better late than never. ;)

Okay, well at least I got mine working. The only problem is: when i go online nobody is cruising and there are no club icons. What do I have to do to see people online??

Help is Appreciated

FIXED but there still are no club icons!!!!

• 2 months later...

HELP!!!!!!!

do u know what is this online update

A new version of TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED is available for download. You must carry out this update ifyou want play online. Do you want to download the update now?

I push yes and open an internet site but nothing in site

Where i download the update pls help :(:(:(