We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Resize file

Jackief

hello, i've made a zonda sound mod, but when i open the game i dont hear any sound, and i tihnk i know the problem, the new .bnk is 3mb, and the original one is 400kb, so i've imoprted the file to audacity and made it lower quallity but it didnt help, how can i resize the file?

edit: i've kinda succeed but umm.. its sounds sucks, i'll upload my wav files, can some modder download it and convert into a bnk file for the game?

First, the WAV files must have the correct properties, such as sample rate, channels and resolution. Usually you need this:

Sample rate: 44100 Hz

Channels: One (Mono)

Resolution: 16 bit

To get the correct properties for each file, open the corresponding file from the original BNK and check its properties with your audio editor.

Second, each file must have a length identical (or at least very close) to the corresponding one from the original BNK file.

Finally, you must save them to Microsoft ADPCM format. This is a compressed file format (lossy compresion, as far as i know), which should reduce the files size to approx. 20 to 30 percent.

The original files(Microsoft ADPCM wav) are 44100kHz,4bit and mono,so you should stick with that,also there is a limit to file size which is somewhere around 800kb(go over and you won't hear it).

I didn't find length of samples an issue....

Furthermore, I've found that saving it at rate of 44100kHz for some reason can hang the game(16bit will do that too),so in the end I'm usually saving files at 22kHz(crappier,but stable and halves the size),4bit,mono. You can work with the file in audacity for example,save it as whatever and then convert it to this values in your regular windows sound recorder(simplest/fastest). Good luck!;)

I've tried myself, recording the nfs sounds,but you can't really hold it stable and making it sound like the pedal is full on(to get the full sound)for all RPMs so I gave up on that...

btw used a MOMO wheel. It's a shame,because NFS serial has some of the best car sounds in games ever!...:(