We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Headphones

iBilo

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy 2 sets of headphones, 1 for use with sport and gymming and the other for general use (ie school and at home.) I live in the UK so I have to be able to buy them without shipping (obviously.)

Also my budget will be around £70 for both.

Thanks.

I have a set of Sennheiser CX300s. They are quite cheap, but they are the base model - I'm sure the ones up are better. My only gripe with them is that as they are in ear ones, the bass can start to take over sometimes, but mostly they're fine, and that can depend on the bitrate of the track and the EQ etc - the changes are just amplified a bit with these.

I would say these for sport, as they won't fall out all the time when running etc.

It takes a bit to get used to them, but really thats only a couple of days, then non-in-ear ones feel funny :p. They also do keep plenty of sound out.

Edit: According to people who own them, the CX95s are very good.

I don't see why you want 2 sets of headphones though. If one was for gaming, then I would understand, but I don't get why you need a different pair for 'sport' to 'general use'.

I've got some Technics RP-F295 but I don't know how much they cost because my cousin gave me them a while ago (he used to use them when he played in Ibiza) and they sound absolutely fantastic. My dad has Bose around-ear headphones and some Sennheisers and they sound terrible compared to the Technics, so I would highly recommend them. Only problem is the 5-7m cable...

I don't see why you want 2 sets of headphones though. If one was for gaming, then I would understand, but I don't get why you need a different pair for 'sport' to 'general use'.

General use headphones fall out my ears when I do sport.

Sennheiser CX300s[/url].

I have those too.

I replaced my standard iPod earphones with them. I personally prefer the in-ear style earphones because they seem to block out surrounding noise much better and they don't fall out as easilly.

Can't fault them for sound quality myself. I have some Bang & Olufsen earphones which are meant to be top of the line and they seem rubbish in comparision, no joke.

General use headphones fall out my ears when I do sport.

And the difference is...? I use my in-ear ones for general use.

I also got them to replace my iPod buds, and I am very glad I did. The only thing that has ever gone wrong with them, is I pulled them apart too hard so broke the glue that keeps the wires together, but even after many years of wear and tear they still sound brilliant.

Should buy the bose in ear headphones. I have them the best ive had for a while, sound is great.

I usually hate in-ear headphones (mainly because all the ones I've had have been terrible) but I thought I'd give the Bose ones a guy and I hated them. Sound quality wasn't worth the price and they don't seem to stay in.

right, i'm a bit of a purist when it comes to headphones, and in-ear jobs muck about with the sound, including bass boosters etc (satan's gift to music) so if it's home and school then i'd suggest over-ear ones

For college (I do music so i need good quality ones) I use Grado SR-60's They give a bright, defined and warm sound. try listening to some lossless music with lots of subtleties (i'm listening to the doors with them right now) and you just are awakened to a new world of sound. you can get them for about £55 if you look around

any old ones will do for sport i suppose. my in-ear phillips were about £15 from argos and they do the job fine. they fit firmly and block out outside noise. they are reliable too as they havent broke for over a year of heavy use

And the difference is...? I use my in-ear ones for general use.

I also got them to replace my iPod buds, and I am very glad I did. The only thing that has ever gone wrong with them, is I pulled them apart too hard so broke the glue that keeps the wires together, but even after many years of wear and tear they still sound brilliant.

I can use a sport set for heavy use and another pair used not as much so they last longer :).

Sorry I forgot to say that I don't get on with in ear headphones, I have narrow ear canals and they hurt my ears. I can cope with them for 1-2 hours. Plus I'm going to be having a operation on my ears soon (managed to perforate my ears scuba diving) so my ears are fragile.

I prefer the around ear headphones.

i'd definitely go for the Grado's if you want over-ear jobs.

also of note for great sound are AKG (makers of professional quality mics) and Sennheiser, who have phones covering pretty much every price range, quite popular on my course.

there's some nice AKGs http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-K450BLU-K450-Headphones-Navy/dp/B001F6M5DI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237072489&sr=1-1]here

GoodCans.com reviews headphones and really likes grado, here's two handy reviews

http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/ipod.htm

and

http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/recommendations.htm

I am very very into my music and sound quility but havn't really tried many. I love in ear ones, you need a couple of weeks of use for them to really work and fit your ears, the bass is loads better than others and the sound dosn't leak out so others can't hear your music.

I have had 2 pairs of Sennheiser CX300's, i use them all the time and am not very carefuly so first pair broke (after nearly 2 years). I now have CX500's, they are great. The problem is I wouldn't buy them on the amazon marketplace or ebay as the market is flooded with fakes, so be careful with that. I'm sure its the same with all headphones but cx300's are terrible for it.

One problem of in ear ones down the gym is that if doing cardo for a long time and you sweat a lot then can loose grip in your ear and fall out, only really effects me on a 40 min run, depends how much you sweat :)

I alos have some PX100 headphones, i'm not as impressed with these. The sound leaks out so other can hear a really tinny version of your music. the sound is good but the outside noise always just ruiens the music for me. In a quite room there good (gameing) but apart from that no.

My dad owns a larger pair of wireless Sennheisers but I don't really like them, sound is good but not great.

We're a bit of a Sennheiser (10 pairs between 4 of us) so can't talk about others really apart from the fact brother has some ultimate ears and says there good.