We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mileage?

Tuesday Tonic

No, i think someones mucking about when they told you this, did you here about it down the drag strip by any chance??

The only thing high mileage cars do is fetch more money on trade (well they used to not sure about now) as people like to have cars with higher mileages on them.

No, i think someones mucking about when they told you this, did you here about it down the drag strip by any chance??

The only thing high mileage cars do is fetch more money on trade (well they used to not sure about now) as people like to have cars with higher mileages on them.

Yes I heard it @ the drag strip. :]

Its said that the high mileage means you drive it a lot and hence you get used to the car and you are generally better at handling it. Thus your control over the car's much better and hence probably better at getting a higher top speed

I see why you would say that and might be plausible.

Yes you must be careful around the drap strip. It's probably best that if you hear anything at all about performance enhancing secrets, it would be best to ask whether or not they are true here. This is where you are most likely to get the most truthful information about the game.

P.S. take a look at my "Stripper Stories" thread in the "Test Drive Unlimited General" section. It will tell you some of the things not to believe, and give you a good laugh too lol

• 4 weeks later...

Surely this can't be true, but here's my thought...

When my car gets to 3500 miles, shouldn't it need an oil change?

Likewise, when it's around 100,000 miles, shouldn't it need a new tranny? It is interesting to note the lack of maintenance on all of these seemingly too-well-built automobiles floating around Hawai'i.

• 4 weeks later...