We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Porsche Carrera GT Sound(UPDATED gauge)

Skepsis

Hello again,here's my latest sound mod,this time it's for the awesome Carrera GT.:)

Some samples were provided by a fellow forum member,some I conjured up:cheeky:, and after some pitch shifting,amplification,cutting and other mumbo jumbo, here it is for you to play with!:lol: Since I didn't want to mess up the samples by too much pitch shifting,they kinda had to go on the zonda sound(don't ask why:cool:) and the car itself fits nicely on the zonda(performance wise too),the only "problem" was that zonda had the gauge that goes up to 6000rpm,so I circumvented that by creating a custom gauge(bumper view is still the same cuz I couldn't be bothered since I did this by hand;))in Carrera GT style that ofcourse now redlines @ 8200rpm like it should!:D btw. for some unknown reason,when I changed the zonda_c gauge,nothing changed in the game,but when I changed zonda_rst it changed both zondas gauges:confused: ,go figure...

For those who don't know,gauges are in "tdu"\Euro\Bnk\FrontEnd\HiRes\Gauges +back up the originals always;)

File@

http://files.filefront.com/CarreraGTpackzip/;13533437;/fileinfo.html

mirror

http://www.speedyshare.com/966759293.html

Sound+realistic gauge

http://rapidshare.com/files/217423182/CarreraGT_realGauge.zip

Some reckless speeding:nuts:

After some more messing about,I managed to create much more realistic gauge for the car,so enjoy...:)

http://www.speedyshare.com/708733327.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/217420416/CarreraGTgauge.zip

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/markonious/carreraGTgauge.jpg

I like it, but that isn't a real Carrera GT HUD, or doesn't look a lot like it, SBCriss I think made one that looks like the real thing, but this is good.

Firstly,I said in Carrera GT "STYLE":rolleyes:,and that means it looks sort of like the real thing,but more importantly,it looks as though you shift gears at 8200rpm like you would in that car! I could've made it just by copying the real gauge onto the zonda's,but then it would look as though it redlines @ 4000rpm which would look stupid. Do you get it now?

112_0401_First_Drive_2004_Porsche_Carrera_GT_05z+2004_Porsche_Carrera_GT+Interior_View_Gauge_Cluster.jpg

Its a good sound, but doesnt sound like a CGT.

Yes it does.:cool: ...and to elaborate,in this video you can hear the sound from inside the car(with closed windows) and it doesn't really sound that exciting,but fastforward it @ 5:05-6:05 and there,you'll hear it as 99.99999%;) of people hear it sound,that familiar and original howling noise!:drool: I think the sound I've assembled isn't perfect,but it does very much sound like the real thing in that part of the video.:nanananana:

@ Skepsi try with the RUF rt 12 or other meter the result can be better than the default zonda HUD ;)

Good luck and thx for this soundmod it's great ;)

You're welcome!

I thought I explained it well,but...again,problem isn't in transferring the real gauge image over the zonda's or any other(I know my photoshop;)),but the fact that zondas needle comes only so far(and the sound too stops getting higher pitch at 6000rpm) so that's the reason I made the custom gauge to make it SEEM that it redlines like the real thing (8200),and if I just copyed the real image it would SEEM that it redlins somewhere in the 4000-45000 region which is not cool ok? ok.:cool:

Hmmm ,but you just gave me an idea!:confused::D

So if I wanted this to go on my CGT, but my CGT replaces the Farboud, I just need to change the file name, correct?

I'm going to download this when I get to my mom's :D

"this" being the sound? yes,BUT the sound goes only up to 6000(has zonda config inside) and farboud goes to 7500 so the sound will stop "going higher" after you cross 6000 mark!

That's why I have Zonda F(or any other zonda will work nicely) on the farboud(featuring my awesome zonda sound:D which correctly goes to 7500!).

And now I've created a realistic gauge for CGT(on zonda) on which the needle travels(correct angles) like on the real car! Try it out!:thumbsup:

Link in the first post!:cool:

• 1 month later...
Hey, for some reason i can't put the gauges into the game.

Everytime i try to fit a porsche gauge into it, it doesn't show up.

Than it all disappears if you know what i mean?

Can someone help me?

It shouldn't be complicated at all,just rename the original file to something else,copy the new one in the folder(hires/gauges) and make sure you have magic bnk1.map installed. Other than that there's nothing else you could(should)do...

It shouldn't be complicated at all,just rename the original file to something else,copy the new one in the folder(hires/gauges) and make sure you have magic bnk1.map installed. Other than that there's nothing else you could(should)do...

I know it's that simple, but i don't ask for help for nothing haha.

I already installed the gauges for the BMW M6 and the VW Scirocco.

With them, no problem at all!, but for some reason the porsche gauges just won't show up.

I renamed them, replaced them, but when i open the game, and i drive the porsche.. there are no gauges.

JUst nothing.. even though the settings are on. It will just not show up. anyone?

Well it was a trick ,but it sounds like it does go that high ,and if you mean in the sense that you can put it on something that goes up to 8000 ,unfortunately I have no new samples to do that and pitch shifting existing samples would make it sound crappy ,so right now ,the answer is no...

Hey, for some reason i can't put the gauges into the game.

Everytime i try to fit a porsche gauge into it, it doesn't show up.

Than it all disappears if you know what i mean?

Can someone help me?

Make sure you spelled everything correctly.That has caught me a few times.

Well it was a trick ,but it sounds like it does go that high ,and if you mean in the sense that you can put it on something that goes up to 8000 ,unfortunately I have no new samples to do that and pitch shifting existing samples would make it sound crappy ,so right now ,the answer is no...

I only asked because it's the perfect starting base for a really good Gallardo sound, it just needs to go higher, everything below 6000 is perfect, it just needs that top end howl.