We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Various Italian Cars

Kurgan777

I used the search, couldn't find some of these, I figured it would be easier to combine them into a single topic....

1984 Ferrari BB512i

-----------------------

http://www.carsclassic.com/stock/1984%20FERRARI%20BOXER%20BB512I.htm

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Ferrari/1981/512i_BB/

84%20Ferrari%20BB512I%201.jpg

This is one of my favorite Ferrari's of all time, and rightfully should have been in TDU by default and would have been perfect sitting next to the Miura and the Countach.

Make it to fit on the existing Ferrari 308 "Magnum PI" car and it would be perfect (I like the 288 GTO too much to overwrite it).

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S

------------------------------------

http://www.fast-autos.net/vehicles/Detomaso/1985/Pantera_GT5-S/

2293.jpg

Ford 351 Windsor power Italian Style :D

It would be a perfect fit on one of the Saleen Mustangs, buy the regular 'Stang GT, tune it and get the Pantera :thumbsup:

From the stats I could find, the Saleen S281 3 Valve Convertible matches the GT5-S almost perfectly in 0-60 and top speed. Handling is subjective due to the way this game handles the controller sensitivity settings.

The BB512i I really liked but I never knew whats its name(like the 8-series) thanks for telling me that, I really like it, but its performance matches that of the 250GTO in TDU

I'll never get rid of my 250 GTO ! ! !

That is the #1 Ferrari on my list, it will NEVER be replaced.

No amount of controller settings is going to make a front-engine American muscle car handle like a mid-engine Italian sports car

If I could find some skidpad G ratings or slalom runs for both cars, I think you'd be surprised at how good the Saleen Mustangs really are. Mid 80's technology versus 2006 (or higher) technology. My money goes on the newer stuff.

To be honest, the handling in this game isn't exactly the most realistic either. 90% of the cars understeer like crazy until you mess with the controller sensitivity settings, which instantly effects the turning radius of every car in the game. TDU is the only game where "controller sensitivity" changes vehicle turning radius. All the rest just make the controller react faster or slower.

If you're curious about this, here's a test that you can do on your own game.....go into the settings and turn down the sensitivity, then go back into the game, rotate the camera view around your car until you can see the front wheels, now turn the steering wheel completely both ways. The wheels barely move. Now go back into the settings and max out the sensitivity and repeat the test. The wheels rotate well beyond realistic limits.

And with the mods, how many times has a mid engine car been swapped into a front engined car's place with these mods??? The Audi R8 going into one of the Aston Martin slots is just one example, the Ariel Atom on the Caterham is another.

Most people try to match the performance stats, to try to keep things realistic in that area.

Unless they want an insanely fast "sleeper" (that only they'll see). I've done that myself, I put the Skyline R33 with the bodykit on the McLaren F1 GT (longtail), I even kept the GT's rims because they fit perfectly with the Skyline.