We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I May Begin Making a Mod, But I Need Some Help!

Reventon

I think because my request for a Porsche 917 is going completely ignored, I think I am going to step up and say that I may be making one myself.

The problem is I have no modeling experience or modding experience, so it's going to be a difficult journey. That's why I need your help.

Could someone post a few GOOD modeling tutorials that would be easy for a beginner to understand. I want to first get the model done, then worry about making it compatible for TDU.

Any help would also be GREATLY appreciated. This car needs to be in TDU, no other mod for TDU will be close to it.

I may also be making either a Porsche 956, Porsche 962, or an Audi R8 (Le Mans prototype), R10, or R15.

Modders dont make what's requested, modders make the cars they want to have in the game.

This forum gets :spammed: with request threads and that's why most people ignore them. There are so much requests being made that there's a Today Posts (-Requests) button.

There are indeed not much tutorials, but here is one from our friend Tool :D

Clicky

You can find the zmodeler "demo" here

Clicky

Hahahaha I actually laughed at the Mod Shop Vehicles Section today.

The request section is a joke really.

Below are the current numbers of topics in each section in the Vehicle Models section :

Released : 102

Beta : 24

Work In Progress : 63

Requests : 497

I think it's hilarious to see how many mods are actually being done compared with the ones being requested. No wonder everybody ignores the request thread. :rolleyes:

Released : 102

Beta : 24

Work In Progress : 63

Requests : 497

I think it's hilarious to see how many mods are actually being done compared with the ones being requested. No wonder everybody ignores the request thread. :rolleyes:

Probably because people make some stupid requests sometimes. Like of cars that are of very little variation of a car already in TDU. Either that or some ricer. Not to mention everyone wants the same kind of cars, like supercars for example. The Porsche 917 will be a one of a king for TDU.

I want to put this in TDU because it's an awesome car and because it's the kind of car we have never seen in TDU. TDU has very few classic cars, let alone racecars. And definitely no classic racecars, which is what this is. Frank Weinberg has already agreed to make the mesh for the Porsche 917, which leaves me with texturing and mapping.

Imo i think a Audi R10/Porsche 917 is abit too much, Cause there is really no point in them being in TDU cause firstly you never see them cruising on the streets. Aswell TDU is no where close to a simulation.

Just to add from my perspective on modding, for both cars you would need a car that is really low otherwise the interior view would be higher then the main car aswell as other views would most likely be crap. Then you have your textures.. And if too big or use the incorrect .dds settings it can all go crappy on you. You also have the main interior file, the main interior file well lets just say if you were to actually make the car you would need to create the interior and i can say for sure that if its low poly it will really badly reflect like no tomorrow. Same goes with the body of the car if you have polys just put all over the place and not correctly laid out TDU will make it look crap.

From what i hear from basbas it takes 2 months (in spare time) to create a proper detailed model with textures.

--------------------------------

With 'the red box' pointing out the many requests i do have to admit this is why i ignore requests, cause its always up to the modder in the end anyway.

Imo i think a Audi R10/Porsche 917 is abit too much, Cause there is really no point in them being in TDU cause firstly you never see them cruising on the streets. Aswell TDU is no where close to a simulation.

Just to add from my perspective on modding, for both cars you would need a car that is really low otherwise the interior view would be higher then the main car aswell as other views would most likely be crap. Then you have your textures.. And if too big or use the incorrect .dds settings it can all go crappy on you. You also have the main interior file, the main interior file well lets just say if you were to actually make the car you would need to create the interior and i can say for sure that if its low poly it will really badly reflect like no tomorrow. Same goes with the body of the car if you have polys just put all over the place and not correctly laid out TDU will make it look crap.

From what i hear from basbas it takes 2 months (in spare time) to create a proper detailed model with textures.

--------------------------------

With 'the red box' pointing out the many requests i do have to admit this is why i ignore requests, cause its always up to the modder in the end anyway.

Well actually I know a guy who has two 917s and he drives them on public roads legally :D.

And I would assume something like the McLaren F1 would be best as it is very low, and has a similar length to the 917. I think the R10 would be out of the question at this point to be honest, but I think the 917 could work. Basically the interior also has a similar shape and size to the 917. They'd also match up with performance... well actually the only car that would match with performance would be the ME Four Twelve, but that car is too fast for the game.

ME Four Twelve too fast for the game :confused: that car is in TDU

No I know but I'm saying it's too fast for the game's physics. You get massive wheelspin until you get to 5th gear and once you get to 7th it's almost impossible to stay because of all of the traffic and turns. It's a really hard car to drive.

No I know but I'm saying it's too fast for the game's physics. You get massive wheelspin until you get to 5th gear and once you get to 7th it's almost impossible to stay because of all of the traffic and turns. It's a really hard car to drive.

Oh... okey