We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A day at the races

Baxie

The formula car is a Formula Renault. 2.0 litre engine. 185 bhp. 440 kilos without driver. (So 535 with me) 4-speed manual gearbox. Was so much fun. I am the one driving on the last picture.

The Clios have 200+ hp and also a 2.0 litre engine. Compared to the formula, they're nimble and fast, but nowhere near as precise. Was great fun to throw around.

The Seat Leon is a DTC-lookalike. Standard 240 hp from the Leon Cupra. Tighter race-suspension and racing-slick tires makes it more fun, than when I took the standard one around the track for a picture shoot.

The last car is a Peugeot 207 Spider. 2.0 litre turbocharged engine with 260 bhp. The guy driving it was Casper Elgaard. Danish Touring Car champion and driver for the Le Mans team Essex, driving a Porsche. He drove it, I sat next to him trying desperately to capture the racingfeel of the lap we did until the camera cut out due to sound and motionstrains.

All in all a good day.

On the website http://www.bilbasen.dk/autovideo.htm it should be the top one for now. You can see part of the lap and hear me doing speak in danish.

There's also some other videos I did, as well as a colleague driving the Danish-built Zenvo.

Enjoy

Hey people :)

The Formula Renault was awesome. It's a completely different experience than any other car I have driven or had a ride in. It's so fast through corners and so amazingly precise.

The Clio is fun too, in a bumpercar kinda way.

But if you ever get a chance to try a formula car, you'll know what I mean.

And yep. Pedals are insanely close. You need special driving shoes. They are very narrow.

I'll try to check back some more :)