We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The elusive unicorn of TDU modding!

Leadfoot[YT]

In "Gone in 60 Seconds," they refer to Eleanor as the "unicorn" because something always goes wrong with the Shelby GT500 around. In my opinion, the TDU modding equivalent of a unicorn is the Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

This is just something I noticed - no need for people to start saying "Make pls pls pls!11!!!11" or for T3hReaper to Get Angry And Capitalize Every Word In His Post (j/k :p I know it's a forum program that does that if you capitalize the whole post :p ), but it's just something I noticed.

• Original pondering: BasBas considers making the GT3 RS as his fifth or so car, but decides against it because it is property of EA.
  • First official try: Tool831 in his "Secret Car Pack" thread from last November.
  • Second try: Tool831 again, before "leaving" TDU modding to move to rFactor.
  • Third try: Porsche Carrera GT gives the car a try. It gets to beta stage, where it remains now.
  • Fourth try: TDU66 begins the project with images of the RS in ZModeller, but then stops the project because PCGT has released a small picture-update to show his return to making the RS.
  • Fifth try: T3hReaper, after starting a vote on it (in which the GT3 RS is a clear first-place winner), begins his car, releases first import pictures, and then makes the thread disappear for unknown reasons.

I'm not trying to make anyone angry - just show that the elusive *insert hard to find or fictional animal here, excluding the Liger* of TDU modding. Maybe someone, someday, will conquer the project. :)

-Leadfoot

Well if you want to know why i got the thread remove is people being idiots in it and destroying the thread.

Also If you really want to start an argument about me capitalizing each letter of my post then go ahead but i wont be in the argument.

Seriously a spam thread that is not needed

my deepest condolences if you really stop working on a car because of a discussion who body-swaps to which car.

there was nobody who said "remove it to another car" or something, no aggressivity.

self-serving declaration in my opinion. if i´m wrong with this perception... well... in germany we say "make the matter not better".

Thing is 'Porsche carrera gt' is doing the GT3 RS still, and yet people voted on reapers poll say they want it. So what i gather from that is people don't like his GT3 RS? :oook:

I'm not sure.. But as far as i know carrera gt is still doing it just slowly and taking time on it.

It's one of many, the Veyron used to be one, as did the R8 before tool tackled those head on. Porsche's funnily enough seem to take the longest even though by the time it's released the newest version or update to the real car has been out already! lol

Thing is 'Porsche carrera gt' is doing the GT3 RS still, and yet people voted on reapers poll say they want it. So what i gather from that is people don't like his GT3 RS? :oook:

I'm not sure.. But as far as i know carrera gt is still doing it just slowly and taking time on it.

It's not that people don't want Porsche Carrera GT's car but when presented the choice to choose a car to be made, people has been waiting for that car for so long that they think TheReaper might finish it faster than PCGT, if they vote for it.