We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Toyota Supra RZ (Tool831) Soundmod

Trackah123

Toyota Supra RZ (Tool831) Soundmod

Hi guys.

This is my first soundmod i ever made for TDU with TDU Modding Tools 1.8 (For BNK packing) and also using Adobe Audition as sample editor.

Samples are taken from Supra Dyno runs on youtube.

I tried to make it sound as realistic as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KcqDfH5ud8

Download "see attachment"

Make sure you installed the magic BNK tool otherwise the game may crash with this soundmod.

I think because you cannot control the volume's of low mid and high revs.. there is a file called "CarVSTConfig.xmb" in each enginesound BNK package which i believe controls everything of engine-sound parameters.

if i would put my supra engine files on other cars of the game they would all sound different because the "CarVSTConfig.xmb" is different on each car.

I think because you cannot control the volume's of low mid and high revs.. there is a file called "CarVSTConfig.xmb" in each enginesound BNK package which i believe controls everything of engine-sound parameters.

if i would put my supra engine files on other cars of the game they would all sound different because the "CarVSTConfig.xmb" is different on each car.

Thats strange. I got my pc set up with 5.1 and while playing with any of the RUF cars i get to hear just half or so of the engine sound (works like a charm with stereo but mehh, i dont want to change that back and forth all the time). Now i replaced the sound of the turbo with the one of the gallardo just to see what happens and it works perfectly fine. After reading your comment (quote) i thought ill simple exchange this xmb file and i should be able to use the normal turbo engine sound again. I was hoping that in that file, the position of the engine and therefore the way the sound is beeing produced, is stored but i was wrong - or im still missing something. Any ideas?

Well i did not change any turbo/bov sounds. those are still default.

I changed startup engine/idle/low/medium/high rpm rev.. nothing more.

It could be that alot of these engine sounds are shared in the game.. that could cause mixups on other engines.

are you sure your 5.1 is setup properly? because if the speakers are in any way misconfigured that could cause things like barely hearing some sounds in games etc.

Well firstly, i ment the RUF RTurbo, not "the turbo" as such ;). I do believe, especially after such a long usage of this speaker system, that it is in fact set up properly. I dont have any problems whatsoever with it, exept that i cant fully hear the engine of the RUF cars while in cockpit view. Funny thing is, when i look back, sounds are normal and complete but while in normal view its like just half of it gets actually through (whereever it has actually has to get through, though) ;).

• 2 months later...