We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My Gaming PC

ShadowGT

Well it's official. I'm getting a new Gaming PC. Over the next few months i'll post all the parts for it as i buy them so this first post will be updated sporadically.

Anything "[coming soon]" I'm still yet to buy.

CASE

XION SOLARIES 403 GAMING MEDI TOWER CASE

6955.jpg

$99.99 link

CPU

Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0ghz

core2_duo.jpg

$325.00

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L

1012354515.jpg

$249.00

Graphics

Gigabyte GTS250 1GB DDR3

gigabyte_geforce_gts_250_dh.jpg

$320.00

HDD

WD 640GB SATA2 HDD

HDD_640_GB_wd.jpg

$145.00

RAM

4GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066mhz

78164_kingston-hyperx.jpg

$135.00

Drive

LG 22x DVD-RW SATA

lg-22x-dvdrw-bare-black-gh22np20-auaa50b-l.jpg

$55.00

PSU

Hytec 850W Gamer PSU

P4N8.jpg

$99.00

Keyboard

Logitech G15 Keyboard

G15Keyboard2_726751.jpg

$120.00

Operating system

Windows Vista Ultimate

windows_vista_ultimate.jpg

$0.00

TOTAL: $1547.99

Every time I go to order a G15, I think to myself, why? It's only a keyboard after all. lol

Not much of a gaming PC just yet, but I'm sure soon enough. :)

Ordering a new PSU and GFX card myself in the next few days (when money materialises in my bank account), probably looking at a 9800GT and a 700W PSU. 700W is slight overkill, but will future proof me for a little while. :) (Overkill to me, to others it's probably small. :p)

Never built a PC from absolute scratch, probably never will as I am pretty impatient with things. :p Good luck. :)

My friend in america just confirmed with me today that he sent off the copy of Vista ultimate he promised me, so that should be here within a week. He won several copies in a competition a while back & said i could have one.

Bought that Logitech G15 Keyboard today :D:D:D:D:D:D

Anyone know any good app's for the LCD screen in it?

I tend to only use the ventrillo and the clock one.

Are you looking for recommendations for the other components?

Hmm i was kinda hoping for a Quad core but i guess if you's say this CPU is good for gaming then thats ok. (not that i have much choice now i already paid a deposit)

I was considering quad core for some things. But for the most part there's no point. Especially if you're playing games not made to take advantage of multiple cores.

Even so my E8400 copes with the likes of GTA IV fine.

This is a random question, but, I'm confused. Are those GTS cards (e.g. the GTS 250 mentioned here) better than the 8 / 9 series cards? Such as my current 8800GT?

The thing is, I found out I can get a GTS 250 1GB for about £60 less than what I paid for my 8800GT 512mb about a year and a bit ago.

Oh, also, could anybody recommend a decent motherboard for a Core 2 Quad? Not looking to spend loads on a mobo either, mind, something a reasonable price.

Sorry for hi-jacking the topic Shadow. ;)

This is a random question, but, I'm confused. Are those GTS cards (e.g. the GTS 250 mentioned here) better than the 8 / 9 series cards? Such as my current 8800GT?

The thing is, I found out I can get a GTS 250 1GB for about £60 less than what I paid for my 8800GT 512mb about a year and a bit ago.

Oh, also, could anybody recommend a decent motherboard for a Core 2 Quad? Not looking to spend loads on a mobo either, mind, something a reasonable price.

Sorry for hi-jacking the topic Shadow. ;)

The GTS250 is just a renamed 9800GTX with 1GB memory.

in my opinion, you should wait for windows 7 to come out, scrap that vista, just install xp for now. just my OPINION!

I wasn't paying anything at all for this vista ultimate. I got it off a friend and it's a legit copy too.