We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Top Gear TDU Style - Season 1 - The Making Of

Ryzza5

You've probably seen others film TDU and other games and combine this with the original TopGear movie audio to create a remake of certain car reviews. It didn't quite take off last time, likely to do with the fact that the GC.net site that hosted the project kept suffering from bugs and then ultimately was taken down.

So what's the plan?

It's quite simple, really. One Season at a time, a bunch of us pick reviews that we would like to remake. You can try to mimic the original clip as much as possible - or make the way you think it should've been done. Those who are unable to film with Fraps or Gamecam or Xfire can always sign up as actors/drivers.

Once all the films are pretty much completed, we'll all take in turns sharing, one week at a time, in order of the original release dates. It's a huge undertaking, but let's just take it one movie at a time.

Making Of

This is the 'making of' thread. This will be where we can organize who does what, etc. When we're nearly all ready, we'll make a TG Season 1 thread in the normal forum and also have some Season 1 quizzes to see who the biggest Top gear fan really is.

I've never seen a Top Gear remake movie - are there any examples that I can check out?

Well, I have a very old, unfinished one on the Maserati Gransport here, and the Sir community have made an excellent remake

You'll likely find other remakes of varying quality around on YouTube.

The business end

Ok - there are 10 episodes in Season 1 - I've watched them all recently (have them all on my PC in decent quality).

I'm already halfway through the Noble M12 GTO review remake, which Colster and Andrius have helped me with so far.

Season%201%20Overview.jpg

Post below saying which movie you'd like to make, or if you would like to be an actor in a certain movie. I'm hoping quite a few guys are able to step up as movie makers.

This thread is also on a Official Forums here.

I'll summarise who's doing what in this post. I'll list the cars that probably can't be filmed as well, just in case a mod comes out, or if we can get away with using a similar car, or just cutting certain bits out of the original review.

You are welcome to use other games if they have the car required.

Review ------------------- Person Filming ------------------ Actors / Drivers

Citroen Berlingo

Lambo + Zonda

Mazda 6

Ford Focus RS

Noble M12 GTO ----------------- Ryzza5 ----------------------- Colster & Andrius & Pyrre

Mini Cooper One

Toyota Yaris

Aston V12 + Ferrari 575 -------- Leadfoot[YT] ??? ---------- Willy & Ryzza5 & Ball & Leadfoot[YT]

Nissan Skyline GT-R

Mercedes S-Class & Audi A8

Maybach 62

Bentley Arnage

Renault Vel Satis

BMW Z4

Merc SL 65 AMG

Saab 9-3

Lotus Elise

Audi RS6 Saloon --------------- Leadfoot[YT] -------------------

Merc E55 AMG

Maserati Coupe

Ford Fiesta

Citroen C3

Honda Jazz

Nissan Micra

MG ZR

Volvo XC90

Suburu Forester

VW Golf R32

Toyota Land Cruiser

Lotus Esprit

Nissan Primera

TVR T350C

You could attach it i guess. Not too sure on how to keep images small as i usually only post pictures and they're more or less fine, or a link to the larger resolution.

Anyhow best of luck for this project, its gonna be monumentally difficult, but if successful, the reward must be great :D

Hi guys

For those of you who plan on making a movie - I've made an Intro for us to use.

I've resisted the temptation to just copy an original TG intro, and didn't want to make mine look like the new style intro used from Season 8 onwards, since we're making films from Season 1. Since there were no Top gear specials prior to this, the majority of the intro is TDU footage, from the Trailer, TDU Intro movie, and from some HQ recordings of recent cruises that I had lying around.

I'm fairly happy with it, but if you have suggestions, let me know.

Click here to download TG Intro in HQ

The url will work for 2 weeks.

Just turn the graphics down a bit and you should easily be able to record. Leadfoot doesn't have good a PC atm (counting down to his new one), but he still manages to make some pretty decent movies :)

Thanks for the +ve feedback. I may change the order of some of the scenes around yet, not 100% happy with it the way it is.

Ok guys. I've uploaded a draft for you to check out. It's not really that hard to make, so I hope you get inspired to join up as a producer :)

Original YouTube movie (for comparison)

My draft movie of the Noble M12 GTO 3R

If you're waiting for a YouTube version of my video, you'll be waiting for a while, I have a few small things to fix up before I upload the final version.

Thanks

Yep, it's all done at the bottom part of Honolulu Airport (near the Vrent shop). Some parts done at the Oahu Race track since it has a few similar corners, but I've driven the TOp Gear track at Honolulu for nearly a year now, so I just had to show the stunt drivers how it worked.

I got Andrius to to a lap while I temed him, and he finished in 1:30.5. So it's pretty close to the real thing, although I guess the gravel makes it more similar to rain, and we could widen the first corner a bit more. It's more a question mark shape than just a right turn.

Future movies should be easier since they don't show the whole lap anymore, just the main corners usually.