We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My PC wishlist

andrew1320

Hey guy I'm going to be buying and building a new PC pretty soon and I want to know your guys opinion on the things I chose. I haven't been well up-to-date with PC components since I've built my last PC. I'm trying to have games like CoD4&5, TDU, Far Cry 2, and any other high end games. Would theses specs be enough to play them on max smoothly?

I also want to know If some of these parts are not compatible and what I replace on the list to make it cheaper but with the same performance.

SAPPHIRE 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - $150

Rosewill RP650-2 650W, ATX12V v2.2/EPS12V v2.91, SLI Ready, Active-PFC Power Supply - $65

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8400 - $168

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - $55

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE - $22

LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive - $20

ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - $120

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - $32

Rosewill Conqueror WBK Triple 120mm Fans Steel ATX Mid tower Computer Case with Side Panel - $60

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit - $100

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1200 (PC2 9600) Low Voltage Desktop Memory - $84

comes out around $876 w/o shipping.

go with a sata DVD drive its tidier

And faster.

Getting 2 DVD drives is pointless unless you'll be copying a lot of DVDs and CDs. A DVD-RW can do the same as a DVD-ROM drive. Not that I'm calling you stupid, it's just that some people don't know.