We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Complete Name List (xml database for modifying names in TDU) - Final Version

Guest M4v3R1cK

Guest M4v3R1cK

Final Name List [Final Version ]

Creator: Jeff

Download Link http://forum.turboduck.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=8626&d=1246162337

(or click the attachment link)

This is based on Djey's xml file which was included in the TDU Modding Tools V1.9. My thanks goes to Djey for both the tool and the base file.

Features:

+ Huge increase in model and brands From the default xml file in [v1.9] which had 17 brands and 55 models to 65 Brands and 139 models

+ Complete list of ALL the names and brands for Cars, Bikes and Cloths shops....

+ FULL list of all the names that can NOT be modified

+ Addition of the default vehicles that were added by Atari but never published in the game (probably due to issues with car manufacturers [ie licensing deals] such as Bugatti, Porsche, BMW and so on)

+ Corrected ALL the miss-tags from DJ's file

+ Deletion of ALL the repeated tags. Now when you rename a car or brand the only value that is changed is the corresponding value that actually changes the name in the game (not every similar tag that looks like the name which leads to game crashes)

+ EVERY single name is checked to function 100% (Tested in game). (You can change names to anything you like but if (and I emphasize IF) you encounter a problem while renaming a car: as a rule of thumb, when changing names you must change to the same number of letters [stupid limitation in Test Drive which I hope Djey can somehow fix in the future]... ie Aston Martin DB9's DB9 can only be replaced with 3 a letter name.)

Enjoy

Jeff

Very important: If you choose edit from the right click menu of the xml file you can also access a wealth of information about the list of repeated tags such as "concept", "coupe", "Convertible", "Spyder", "Spider", "R", "S" and many more with their used numbers along with unused number [i know it sounds weird to people who don't edit names, hopefully it makes sense to people who know what it is all about]... Plus there is a full list of car names that cannot be edited. This way maybe someone can fix the test drive database to get rid of all the issues

Hi M4v3R1cK,

thanks for the effort. You deserve to get +rep for this :)

But I would prefer to be asked before someone putting a download link with my files modified (I've read your email, but have no time to process all your code list).

Neithertheless, - and I have no doubt your modification has been tested succesfully - I can't figure out how you've managed to fix names whereas code assignment is encrypted in database. Some model and version names are really shared by many vehicles. That's it.

As a matter of fact, I won't be able to provide support for people using this updated names.xml. M4v3R1cK will be only responsible with people using his mod.

Last thing, Names Editor is just getting obsolete as new discoveries have been done so far. So this wizard will surely disappear/be totally reworked with 1.11.

Guest M4v3R1cK

Dear Djey

Thankx for the positive feedback, coming from a talented modder such as you it's heartwarming.

As far as asking you, if you look over my 2 posts and the email that I've sent you, I've always mentioned your name and thanked you for whatever you've done for TDU [even in my hires-color-map-mod post which had nothing to do with you].

If you look into the coding of this file I'm pretty sure you will be amazed at the level of details that is available here [especially at the header which normal users will never see]. Whatever happens to the name editor, I'm sure it will only become better since you are very capable of creating fantastic tools. I hope the enormous amount of information that is available in this file will assist you in improving the later versions that you are working on. I added heaps of unnecessary information to the header just because I thought it will help you, and I had you in the back of my mind when I was doing it. I'm pretty sure if someone can fix the database problems; that someone is you!

One last thing... ALOT of work went into making this file and bullet proofing it to be extremely accurate, I only posted it here to give something back to the great community as a way of showing appreciation for the things I downloaded (in particular your tool and cars that are converted by tool831); I didn't do it to gain popularity and I was not looking for credits and applause. After all the work I had done, I think the bold yellow line in your post was a bit harsh because no one expects the authors of tools or cars to be responsible for any modifications to the game; we all know we should backup our files and trust the authors to do their best!

to others who download the mod:

As a matter of fact, I won't be able to provide support for people using this updated names.xml. M4v3R1cK will be only responsible with people using his mod[/color].

Just so we can further improve the countless problems in TestDrive, if you run into any problem with the name editing I would love to hear from you and hopefully assist you in any way that I can (not as an obligation as suggested here, we all know no modder has ever accepted any responsibility for any modification [and I won't be the first to do so], BUT as a friendly way for enhancing what we already have in terms of tools and mods!)

All right, sorry to have seemed harsh to you. You sure have spent a lot in time and energy to make this and appreciate it. I only wanted to be clear on this point :)

Anyway I 've written a mistake in my last post:

You owe to get +rep for this
I meant you deserve, sorry I was fooled by the word :) Now fixed.

I'm very interested in working with you for the naming part. As written a few lines ago, I'm totally re-making this matter since new interesting facts are now possible. To say it simply, we can choose which word can be used and where it must go.... thanks to contents of DB.BNK file. So the future is not swapping anymore.

See you with private messages ;)

Guest M4v3R1cK
All right, sorry to have seemed harsh to you. You sure have spent a lot in time and energy to make this and appreciate it. I only wanted to be clear on this point :)

Anyway I 've written a mistake in my last post:

I meant you deserve, sorry I was fooled by the word :) Now fixed.

I'm very interested in working with you for the naming part. As written a few lines ago, I'm totally re-making this matter since new interesting facts are now possible. To say it simply, we can choose which word can be used and where it must go.... thanks to contents of DB.BNK file. So the future is not swapping anymore.

See you with private messages ;)

You're alright D... I've always admired your work and I would love to help in anyway possible!

Guest M4v3R1cK

hey Djey I think you are at a point in time where you can start thinking about increasing the total number of cars in TDU. Maybe by adding showrooms or simply getting rid of repeated cars (ie two Lamborghini show rooms with the same cars can be turned into two lambo dealers with two different sets of cars... maybe?) As you know, Atari had planned to give us so many other models that never made it to the final releases and some of them eventually ended up in a mega pack. So if you analyze the before and after coding of the database files from a standard version versus a megapack version it might give you clues into how to expand the car slots (hopefully)!

Thanks for the idea, but I've been doing this way already :)

I don't know how to add showrooms, but it's possible to unlock closed ones. That gives free space !

In fact, I'm working on it with a mate; the biggest issue currently is you can't add new files to TDU's folders as they can't be read. Because of MAP system: Bnk1.map must contain every file identifier in order to accept it. For the moment it does not even accept files for the lost car pack (Diablo, Triumph 995, 350Z Roadster...)

Anyway.... if you consider playing onlline (I want all this work tested and safe online), new car identifiers are likely to be blocked by main server.... this server knows how to detect change in some physics as well and make the game disconnect you.

Solutions would be :

-either patch the EXE file to prevent disconnecting orders and disable MAP control :p

-or create an independent server (permitting TDU to survive in the future) with improved code

I can't make any of those anyway :oook:

I will tell you if some things change.

-either patch the EXE file to prevent disconnecting orders and disable MAP control :p

-or create an independent server (permitting TDU to survive in the future) with improved code

Either would be nice since Atari hasn't been supporting this game the way they should for a long time (as seen by the leaderboards) but the second would be better since we would be able to develop our own anti-cheat measures for those who race competitively.

On the topic of all the crazy programming maybe we can incorporate this into a unified tool editor:

http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=204565&postcount=40

I donno much about the programming side of things but I sure as hell can do the graphic stuff!

I can't work on such a thing, as every brand in the game is associated to a particular logo... changing logo does not change brand itself, only appearance.

Guest M4v3R1cK

You are right D, changing logos only changes the appearance but isn't that everything in TDU ;D

oh and I'm pretty sure just like you said, Lexus is the key to adding new functional showrooms and models to TDU since it didn't exist in the final release and was added completely from scratch in the Megapack...

You are right D, changing logos only changes the appearance but isn't that everything in TDU ;D

oh and I'm pretty sure just like you said, Lexus is the key to adding new functional showrooms and models to TDU since it didn't exist in the final release and was added completely from scratch in the Megapack...

In my opinion, TDU is less and less visual-only, as mods like blingbling and vehicle<>motorbike clothes are now possible and visible by everyone. It will be the same with addon cars, *if server accepts sleeping slots to be activated*.