We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Steam - Accounts Being Hacked

T3hReaper91

Well there is a new way people are getting your steam account info.

If you get contaced like this then ignore it as it is almost certainly a scam.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Yes That Is Correct TDUC Very Own Dark Stealth Is Trying To Help Get Peoples Steam Accounts Hacked.

This Website Has Basically Stole The Look Of The Steam Community Website And I Am Guessing As Soon As You Try Logging In That Will Be Your Steam Account Gone.

DO NOT FALL FOR IT. No Matter How Real It Looks

WooT, thank god I don't use Steam. ^^

That kind of scam has been around since the dawn of the internet, just don't put any, any login details onto a site that you do not know, that way you can't be hacked. It's like those sites that promise to tell you who has blocked you on MSN. Lol.

Yeah that sort of hack has been around for ages but people just dont learn.

Its like getting a letter saying you won on a foreign lottery. If You Have Not Entered You Can Not Win. But people still send off loads of money with the hope of getting something back.

• 1 month later...

Grrr, silly hackers.

I havn't used steam in ages and forgot my password. So annoying and I cant reset it because it says the secret question and I dont know the answer because my pass wasn't related to it. Can someone please PM me if they could help

~Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Me and MisterMojo got added by the same person at the same time on Steam the other day. Mojo instantly declined the invite but I accepted to see what it was all about.

Took the person 10 minutes to say anything. Started by asking if the clan I am in wanted two free dedicated servers, I said no because we already have about 7 and we only use half of them most of the time anyway so it's overkill if we have more. His excuse for offering them was that he thought our clan would make his server 'brand' more popular and recognised. I could see no sense in this, but still.

Then he gave me a link to a website saying something like "If you're interested later on take a look at this website and download _________" can't remember what it was but my alarm bells were already ringing. Web address looked dodgy, asking me to download something I've never heard of made it worse.

Blocked.

Would you mind providing the users name?

I think his name was Bitbamm.

It's the only person who's blocked on my friends list so I'm guessing it's him.

Even if his intentions were innocent I'm not dealing with him.

Seemed like one of those people who'd keep on and on trying to get you to do something.