We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cruise Stories Routes Plans and Talk

zo6dude

I was thinking of a new section for the forum(Sub-Forum I believe its called). I think we should have a cruise story and planning etc sub-forum. But I was thinking Cruise Stories,Routes,Plans and talk, with the description saying: Come here to talk about the cruise you had last night with your friends(Or mates) or plan a new one. Discuss popular routes, or just talk about cruising.

Well what do you guys think? I think it would increase activity on this forum and on TDU. So post away!:p

• 4 weeks later...

Ja und nein, meine freunde.

I think it would benefit the cleanliness of the forum, yeah.

But on the other hand, Iced may moan that there are too many sections (Just kidding mate :p)

I'd say go for it. It can't any harm, can it?

Here's an idea for discussion:

How about a Cruise and Challenge sub-forum? The idea would be to post up cruises and posted Custom Challenges.

I saw a thread on Custom Challenges and thought why not combine the two.

The Challenges would be posted up with the name and set parameters. For example, I have a CC set up right now (for the next three days) called "East Stadium Run".

The parameters are:

Timed Challenge

No cops

No driving gauge

Traffic set to two icons (shorthand would be: Traffic=2)

Any view

Checkpoints displayed (I use them to help show the way)

Driving aid=driving aid (I just left it as is. See below for further explanation)

Car limit=Caterham

The idea here is to post up a Challenge and see how people respond. After three days, I'll change the car to, oh, say, Enzo Ferrari or Camaro or ...??? That will change the Challenge quite a bit - same Challenge, different car. Maybe add more traffic or take some out, add cops, change Driving Aid, etc.

One thing I will never do is add a Driving Gauge - I hate those things. And since I post them with no Entry Fee or Winnings (it's all in fun), cheaters don't matter (in fact, they'll probably ignore any Challenge that doesn't have a payout!)

I might offer the winner $9 million (I buy a cheap car from them on TRADE for $9 million, but it would have to be won by a legitimate racer - no cheaters).

Cruises:

Post a themed cruise, name the car class and general route, date and time and see what you get. These do seem to be dying out lately, but we gotta' keep busy until TDU2 comes out, or NFSWO works out as a race AND cruise game . . . .

Ideas? Thoughts? :)