We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help with Modding Tool.

TrollandDie

Hello,

I have recently downloaded 'TDU Modding Tool 1.9' along with Djey's magic map to upload a Toyota Supra(Toyota_Supra_RZ_Targa) onto my game. However, when I try to use the tool to upload the Supra it just says, ''TDU main folder not set properly. Please check your settings''. I have done just about everything possible to make my main folder set properly, including changing the directory of my Test Drive Unlimited executible file , but nothing has worked. I'm a noob at modding files manually so any advice would be helpful.

• 1 month later...
Anyway to the future you need to unpack all files from "TDU Modding Tool 1.9.RAR file" to the Installed game dir. for ex. mine "D:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited"

No you dont need to do that. You can run it from any location on your HDD.

@TrollandDie:

If you are on vista or Win7 right click on executable of modding tools and select run as administrator. Ive just checked it on Win7 x64 and it was giving my exactly the same error you are talking about - so just run it as admin and you will be fine; of course only when you have set your game dir properly.

• 4 weeks later...

Aside from / in addition to all of the things other people have said, do this to make sure it works:

1. Download 1.10.2 or 1.11, depending on which one you want.

2. Extract it to a folder where you can find it. This does NOT have to be the TDU install directory!

3. Right-click on the .exe file and set it to run as administrator, if you have Vista.

4. Run the tool. Click File > Settings, and set your TDU install directory field to the same directory you installed the game to.

It should work now - if it doesn't, well, listen to everyone else's advice. :)

• 2 months later...