We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PhoTW: Week 26 Entry [New]

KoenigseggBG

Week 26 [With New Rules]

Please read the new rules and comment

Rules:

• Photo MUST be taken by you.
  • No Voting for yourself!
  • Photos should be within the limits, which means - not bigger than 800x640 and 350 kb.
  • The winner chooses the next week's theme. If someone wins twice in a row, the person they voted for chooses the next theme.
  • If you post more than one photo, you must tell us which one you'll enter with. If you don't, the first photo that you've posted will be entered.
  • Photos cannot be used twice for two different subjects.
  • The photo must be taken within the last month.
  • Your photo must follow the theme. The person who chose the theme has ultimate control over whether a photo gets entered or not - there will be no arguing over whether a photo is acceptable.

This week's theme:

Panning Shots

All kinds of panning shots are acceptable, let your photos be focused on something moving.

Closing Date :

Friday, 31st July, 12:00 PM

Poll opens on 3rd August.

Entrants:

1. TheScottishSpotter

2. Variodical

3. Car Freak

4. Adzian

Now, as the other thread didn't turn out well, I decided to re-open another one. Rules changed, hope you're all happy now. Voting will start on 3rd August, so we can keep on the Monday-Sunday system. Any staff member, feel free to close the other thread. ;)

Thankyou very much for changing the rules. I see this as a much fairer way of entering than the last one. ;)

I take it that you will still have to see the date that the entry was taken to validate it being taken in the last month or is it just a trust thing? :)

I won't for now. Let's hope that people still have self-respect in first place and won't try to cheat. ;)

Ok. Make sure you look out for cheating though, i'm sure that some people will attempt that. Anyway now to look for a nice panning shot out of the 1400 I took at Knockhill last Sunday. :rolleyes: :lol:

My entry for now. May change. Might also give others an insight into what a panning shot exactly is. I absolutely love the lines of the Ferrari 348 as well. :D

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww92/tss_tduc/IMG_3254edit1small.jpg

yay lol... Now i can enter my Formula Drift shots! :D

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p265/1carfreak1/Formula%20Drift%202009/IMG_5141edit.jpg

Oh and for those who aren't too good at panning shots yet, here's a tip: Make sure your camera has a viewfinder. Then focus on a particular spot on the subject, and just rotate your body smoothly to follow the subject. Pin your arms to your side, this will make it more stable and the photo less blurred

I want to ask you guys: If you're in a moving vehicle and take a pic of another car going approx the same speed, is it still considered a panning shot? After all, the subject will still be in focus and the background will be blurred. This is just something i need clarifying

I want to ask you guys: If you're in a moving vehicle and take a pic of another car going approx the same speed, is it still considered a panning shot? After all, the subject will still be in focus and the background will be blurred. This is just something i need clarifying

Depends. It's usually when the person photographing the car is stationary that it's considered a "panning" shot.