We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU MegaPack!?

To contradict my self about not posting again... I'll happily apologise if I have offended you in any/many ways. I will. But allow me to give you some advice. You don't have to take it, but I recommend it. Try to accept that sometimes on a forum things might get hairy (such as this thread) and the majority of the time, arguments are caused by misreading things. I'm not going to say I'm right and I'm not going to say I'm wrong. But from MY perspective, I've done nothing differently to what I usually do, except fuelling an argument by responding. You are the first member to openly complain about me, which is fine, but as I say; You are the first.

If the worst comes to the worst and you REALLY want to get rid of me, just add me to your ignore list and I will disappear!

Every member is a valued member here, and my perspective of you is still the same as any other member. Even with this fiasco, I don't hate your guts and want to ban you. As I said before, I'm just not that kind of guy.

Perhaps if we forget about this discussion and start fresh? Would you prefer that, or anything else you would want. Members are valuable to TDU:C (as we wouldn't exist without them!) and I respect each and every one of them.

Thoughts?

Maybe, All will be forgotten if you help me here.

Ok, so I installed the megapack last night but I can't go online for some reason, so, how do I remove the MP so I can return back to my game before I installed it cause I'm like 56% through the game.... do I have to start again? :mad:

PLZ tell me there is some way to uninstall the MP?! :ill:

RD

I've been trying to help you since my first post ;)

Right. Due to the way the megapack is installed (basically adding a few files and modifying a few files) The megapack doesn't show up when you go to uninstall it. You'll need to remove the whole game, then re-install it.

If you don't want to lose your savegame, back it up.

Oh wait. Have you already bought cars that are in the megapack? If so, you're out of luck, I'm afraid. TDU will constantly try and lookup those megapack files and your game will crash consistenly.

My advice would be to purchase a megapack key, and overwrite the one you currently have now. (make sure you buy it, as 99% of the illegal ones are already banned)

If you need any help, I'm here.

PS. I'm happy that you've accepted to start again.

Road Devil, the save game is in the "My Documents" folder in a folder called Test Drive Unlimited. Just copy that whole folder over to another place. (Or a USB stick is very convenient aswell). You should do this on a regular basis in case something happens with your PC.

And as Sponge (Boobs (?!) ) said you will have to reinstall your whole game to get rid of the megapack.

Road Devil, the save game is in the "My Documents" folder in a folder called Test Drive Unlimited. Just copy that whole folder over to another place. (Or a USB stick is very convenient aswell). You should do this on a regular basis in case something happens with your PC.

And as Sponge (Boobs (?!) ) said you will have to reinstall your whole game to get rid of the megapack.

:eek2:

Ok, I haven't bought any of the mega pack cars, I just took em for a test drive at the dealers, so all I do is copy my saved files under my documents, uninstall, reinstall then copy back my saved game and presto? :confused:

That easy?!

Well.... I'll do it later tonite! :thumbsup:

RD

I've been trying to help you since my first post ;)

Right. Due to the way the megapack is installed (basically adding a few files and modifying a few files) The megapack doesn't show up when you go to uninstall it. You'll need to remove the whole game, then re-install it.

If you don't want to lose your savegame, back it up.

Oh wait. Have you already bought cars that are in the megapack? If so, you're out of luck, I'm afraid. TDU will constantly try and lookup those megapack files and your game will crash consistenly.

My advice would be to purchase a megapack key, and overwrite the one you currently have now. (make sure you buy it, as 99% of the illegal ones are already banned)

If you need any help, I'm here.

PS. I'm happy that you've accepted to start again.

Wait... what if i don't want to go online? What if I just want to play offline? Can I use my friends copy of the mega pack then cause I'm not going onto the server's so I can't be banned :oook:

Not saying I will.... or won't... but would it work?

RD

No you can't use your friends copy, you cannot use more than 1 Multiplayer Key at the same time. Plus the MegaPack ties itself to your actual TDU install and verifies itself server side when started. If you try to do this with your friends copy you will end up having your own and his versions banned from going online.

So basically if you want to have a MegaPack too, you will need to purchase it.

No you can't use your friends copy, you cannot use more than 1 Multiplayer Key at the same time. Plus the MegaPack ties itself to your actual TDU install and verifies itself server side when started. If you try to do this with your friends copy you will end up having your own and his versions banned from going online.

So basically if you want to have a MegaPack too, you will need to purchase it.

No, didn't u read my post. I said I don't go online so I can use it cause I don't use it for online racing, I only play single player so! :cheeky:

right? If I don't us it for online I can us it cause I don't have internet at home either :D

RD

ok, WTF :mad:

I've uninstalled it, and reinstalled it but I can't go online... :crying:

I didn't go online with the megapack, and my friend can go online with his megapack, but how come I can't?

I patched it again and still, it tells me unable to connect to server? was I banned? How, I didn't even go online with the megapack, only off line :eek2:

HELP!

RD

No, didn't u read my post. I said I don't go online so I can use it cause I don't use it for online racing, I only play single player so! :cheeky:

No, you didn't read his post. You can't use your friend's megapack. End of story. If you want to use the megapack (online or offline) you need to buy your own copy.

No, you didn't read his post. You can't use your friend's megapack. End of story. If you want to use the megapack (online or offline) you need to buy your own copy.

Um... no look, I don't have the internet at home, my parents were so I could go online but now that it won't work I'll just do it off line, which I have been an it runs fine, both for me and him :D

got a problem with that? I haven't done ANYTHING wrong, my friend bough a copy, I borrowed it, end of story! He does go online, I DON'T ok?! :oook:

RD

p.s - if I'm doing something wrong or against the law tell me, and I will fix it, but my dad says it should be fine cause it's a legal copy! :sulk:

But let me know and I WILL delete it, but if I do I'm having trouble unistalling it so I haven't yet.... :cry:

This is closed because you are trying to use another persons MegaPack which is illegal and against the Terms of Use of the MegaPack itself. Regardless of using it online or offline doesn't matter, each person should have their own copy and key.

You could have someone download the installer for you (give them the money) then install it on your own PC using the key provided on purchase.

Now no more about this subject until you either are online and/or buy your own.

Thanks.