We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Best way forward? *feedback wanted!*

Eudemon

SAW (Support and Win) is a great thing, the response to it was fantastic and of course someone won that Brand New Kyosho Audi R8. From now though we have a dilemma. Do we continue with SAW contests or do we go ahead with the voluntary monthly support/subscription method that many of you were keen and supportive of when we were in the process of getting ourselves back online?

Before those events we ordered another Brand New diecast model for the next SAW event. This time it's a dealer edition Kyosho BMW E92 M3 model in Interlagos Blue.

So what do we do? With the increase to a dedicated server a lot of you know we need your support to keep active and even though ideas and yes I will was thrown around a lot on TDU CRAP, it's time to find out what you guys actually are willing to do.

Thanks.

sawii_kyoshoe92m3_1.jpg

sawii_kyoshoe92m3_2.jpg

sawii_kyoshoe92m3_3.jpg

sawii_kyoshoe92m3_4.jpg

================================================

Original thread content by Woodruff from TDU CRAP

To save TDUc it seems we only have one choice, an income.

We've looked at advertisement and partnership but realisticly we have only one way to progress, which is for the supporters to donate.

If 60 people from TDUc donated £4 a month the site could continue to grow at an amazing rate.

For the amount of members needed to drop or rise the amount would change along side of it.

i.e 50 people donate £5

I have made this thread to get a reaction and see how many members would be willing to support the site.

Don't for get the more members donate on an average, the less people we need to help.

Obviously we cannot expect people to donate if they are broke ect.

But remember without the supporters the site will stay closed as funds will not and cannot be raised.

So if you would be willing to donate please state YES and the amount you see fit (this is so we can work out how many members we need.)

Also answer the poll at the top so at a quick glance we can see what's happening.

Please don't discuss to much in this thread as it would be easier for the staff.

Much appreciated

Woodruff

Updates: (to avoid confusion in this thread, once again please don't post other than the questions above)

· As tWm mentioned over donations are a bad thing, we want an easy low average so that we have more people donating. Relying on a few people could spell disaster.

· People don't forget this is an average, so if you are up for it find a sum that you could do almost ever month. In my eye's £5 is a very good average and could be sustainable for the future.

We don't want this place to only run for a month then go back to failure.

· People please don't feel pressured into donating!

We understand that some members will not be able to donate don't worry :D:D:D:D

I say keep going with SAW I but maybe making the entry less expensive (now it's 10$, how about 5$). That way, people who want to donate more, can still do it and get more entries, and people who can't donate more than 5$ can get an entry too. How does that sound? :)

Although thats all well and good dont forget this place cost so much now, so say the SAW costs diablo $xxx and he only recives enough for the model were does the server cost come from?

obviously if loads and loads of people donate then SAW could come back.

Imo the car should be sold on the internet with the money for the site.

the site is gonna have funding problems for a while so we need heavy donations.

No, we don't need heavy donations, we need constant donations and organization. I think as he already got the model, we should do it (or else he would have to pay from his own pocket) and. So far, we have 31% and it's the 2nd week already. I think that if we show the other members that we NEED that money, just for the forum to be on, we would get enough people donating. And the model would just stimulate them to donate imo. :)

Edit : Don't get my post as a contradiction to yours, different opinions make the world spin. ;)

I say continue with SAW, but now that the members know that this place needs donations (well, the regular members do) then i'm sure more people will donate, well hopefully. No matter what, nothing is set in stone. SAW1 was a success, so i say continue with that. Then again the cars do cost a lot of money, i think offering smaller prizes would be the way forward?

No, we don't need heavy donations, we need constant donations and organization. I think as he already got the model, we should do it (or else he would have to pay from his own pocket) and. So far, we have 31% and it's the 2nd week already. I think that if we show the other members that we NEED that money, just for the forum to be on, we would get enough people donating. And the model would just stimulate them to donate imo. :)

Edit : Don't get my post as a contradiction to yours, different opinions make the world spin. ;)

I understand what your trying to say and i don't take it in a bad way.

Right the site cost around say : £230

The model costs around : £insert stupid amount here

Donations are only at $61 with a target off 200 what ever happens diablo will lose money if we proceed with SAW.

We need the site, were-as the model is an extra, SAW is great and a fun idea but i personally would rather this site stay open than have a shinny little car?

??

Not being argumentative just trying to help this site. :thumbsup:

I understand what your trying to say and i don't take it in a bad way.

Right the site cost around say : £230

The model costs around : £insert stupid amount here

Donations are only at $61 with a target off 200 what ever happens diablo will lose money if we proceed with SAW.

We need the site, were-as the model is an extra, SAW is great and a fun idea but i personally would rather this site stay open than have a shinny little car?

??

Not being argumentative just trying to help this site. :thumbsup:

But then again, take away the car, will people still donate in the numbers they did last month? Do the maths, before last month's SAW I, all the other month's donations have been pretty poor for a while. I think if we take the price of the car away from the total we got last month, we'd still have a lot more than the month before, the month before that, and the month before that. I agree with Koenigsegg in that Merchandise is the way forward, it is a brilliant incentive to get people to donate. But i also agree with woody that the price of the car is eating into the amount of money that goes towards the site. Which is why i think offering a smaller prize is the way forward.

But then again, take away the car, will people still donate in the numbers they did last month? Do the maths, before last month's SAW I, all the other month's donations have been pretty poor for a while. I think if we take the price of the car away from the total we got last month, we'd still have a lot more than the month before, the month before that, and the month before that. I agree with Koenigsegg in that Merchandise is the way forward, it is a brilliant incentive to get people to donate. But i also agree with you that the price of the car is eating into the amount of money that goes towards the site. Which is why i think offering a smaller prize is the way forward.

I agree to an extent however if members understand that the site will close without there help surely they will donate?

maybe im just hoping for to many generous people but i think it will work.

I agree to an extent however if members understand that the site will close without there help surely they will donate?

maybe im just hoping for to many generous people but i think it will work.

I agree, but i think that way is very unreliable, as much as i'd like to think members will donate to save the site, i think that offering another incentive other than the site staying up is needed. This way you are widening the target audience, as newer members who aren't really attatched to the site will donate as they get something other than the site staying up in return.

considering that we're now on a dedicated server, i'd say that you should try get the site up so that some more substantial ad revenue comes in.

also, i'm all for contributing, but i'm rubbish at keeping money spare, if i donate £60, could you count it as £5 a month for the next 12 months diab?

Who I wouldn't like to say at the moment as no value has been determined and such. If you wanted to do it that way then that is fine, means I need to get Excel out though and I haven't used that in aggggggeeeees.

Got to get a clear distinction of what is going on basically.

What do you guys think of this?

Right we're half way through September and we have a model to give away that was intended for the next SAW Draw. So how about for this month we do SAW and that gives someone the chance to win the model as well as plenty of time to work something out from next month onwards?

Means there's no rushing and someone gets a model that was going to be given away anyway.

*New pics added in first post also*